Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohei

Familiar Face
What's OT again? I'm terrible with abbreviations!

Oh very sorry, I'm quick to use abbreviations! Off Topic yes.

Definitely not Old Testament, Occupational Therapist or Over time (though I need more of the second and less of the third!)

Great pic Jared! Nice to catch a compliment too!

Dig that blue, Manfred!

Again, wonderful lid David!

Wonderful OR Jeff, and great photo.

Today the pipes thawed but my account froze(not really but I had a bit of a shock then some serious dismay at my bank - all settled now), So I walked of some frustration and picked up coffee for the office.
Knox Twenty again

6755011423_ebf94907ae_z.jpg

6755011415_7c23aa1b79_z.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Today the pipes thawed but my account froze(not really but I had a bit of a shock then some serious dismay at my bank - all settled now), So I walked of some frustration and picked up coffee for the office.
Knox Twenty again
You look way better in that hat than I did :)
Lookin' good!

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Wow, that Knox 20 is a great look for you Dirk. The proportions remind me of my Tumwater hat, albeit the Knox has a much wider ribbon. Is that about a 2-1/4" or so brim on it? I love a nice square (untapered) hat without too much brim on it. And the color is very nice, too.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, super photos[...]Brrr, looks very cold in your town. I feel with you. Thanks for it..

Thanks, Manfred! It was cold over the weekend, mostly in the single digits, Fahrenheit, but the 4"-5" of snow we received this weekend only brings our total snowfall this Winter to around 15", well short of the 55" we would typically have received by now. A very bizarre Winter.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

The Knox Twenty looks terrific on you, Dirk. As much as most loungers here seem to view feathers with disdain, I like the feather in this hat. Adds a subtle flash of color and visual interest which enhance the overall appearance. Props to you for retaining the feather! :yo:

Last edited:

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
The Knox Twenty looks terrific on you, Dirk. As much as most loungers here seem to view feathers with disdain, I like the feather in this hat. Adds a subtle flash of color and visual interest which enhance the overall appearance. Props to you for retaining the feather! :yo:

I agree as well. It is a nice hat and looks great on you. I keep my feathers, and sometimes I wear them,other times I don't, but overall I like them.When I was a kid my dad would sometimes let me pick the feather for his new hat, that could be why I still enjoy seeing a feather once in a while.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Seems all I want to wear is my 3X Open Road. This is my wife's least favorite fedora (she thinks the crown is too tall). I'm hoping she'll get used to it.

DSCN1180.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, your Deluxe is very sharp, thats a "must have".

David, Beautiful Whippet today, nice color.

Dirk, your Knox, wow, that is a real beauty. The color and the feather, very nice.

Andy, great OR, it fits you perfect.

Shohei

Familiar Face
That OR is a beauty Andy- of course, with all due respect to your missus, and in my humble opinion, I think the crown height looks fine on you!
Good that she does notice- My wife still says "... you changed hat?" when seeking opinions :D

Orangegrad

Practically Family
+1. Your wife will come to like it better - hopefully not better enough that she wants to share it. :)

The only "fedora" my wife likes to wear is a hipster hat she got for me at JC Penney. I wore it a couple times to please her, and now the hat is hers.

I'm finding, after several weeks of wearing the OR, that my other fedoras have crowns that are too short and too tapered. I am definitely starting to prefer taller and straighter crowns. Who would have ever seen that one coming? Just means that I will be getting more thin ribbons. And maybe a Fed IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass