Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Awesome strat, David. I wore my Portis Tissue Lite this morning.
03025d6b.jpg

job

One Too Many
David , Rodkins, Mercuryfelt76, Great looking hats today. You pair them well with your clothes.
I'm wearing my Akubra Down under that I converted.

1252012001-1.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
David, that Strat is amazing. I have got to find a vintage one and turn my modern "Stratoliner" into a placemat or a frisbee, or something.
Mike, In the event that I don't find a vintage Strat, a Portis Tissue Lite would do just fine! That hat looks great on you.
Mercury, you wear the Homburg well. Such a classy look you got going there.
Job, that looks great! What did you do--- replace the ribbon?

job

One Too Many
Thanks jbucklin, It used to look like this. I cut the brim down, replaced the leather band, and reshaped the crown. This was my first felt hat and I bought it one size small so I got a hat stretcher and opened it up some.

images28.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
WOW!

I have been traveling/working and not been able to participate in this thread as of late. I feel like I have been "Knocked into a cocked hat." (A phrase that I heard from an English fellow a couple days ago meaning that he was feeling beat up). I have a "knocked into a cocked hat" moment in travels this morning and enjoying this thread and the tons of posts of hats. Fine hats fellows! Really fine hats!

To many fine hats and pics to call out to individuals. To all - thanks for sharing your pics! My morning is more enjoyable and light after visiting. :cool:

Doffing my hat in your direction, Eric -

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The Romanian lady (I'd say she's in her 70s) at the little coffee shop where I buy my breakfast said this to me this morning "You look as handsome as Count Dracula" Never seen the man but I took it as a compliment! lol lol

A2.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The Romanian lady (I'd say she's in her 70s) at the little coffee shop where I buy my breakfast said this to me this morning "You look as handsome as Count Dracula" :D Never seen the man but I took it as a compliment! lol lol (maybe it was that I had my hair down?)

A2.jpg

Shohei

Familiar Face
Well done again today fellows!

Nice cap Ed.

I really like the colour of that Bogart!

I dig every thing about your Beaver Brand BJ, Al's comment on what you did with it, would you entertain sharing that again(as not to hijack you could pm or post a link)?

David, your Stetson week is rolling along beautifully! Love that dark Strat! (Add to my long growing wish list)

Your Portis is perfect on you Mike!

Mr. Mercury your whole outfit top to bottom is amazing, great photo and sharp lid!

Amazing conversion John! I like what you did with the Down under!

The Romanian lady (I'd say she's in her 70s) at the little coffee shop where I buy my breakfast said this to me this morning "You look as handsome as Count Dracula" Never seen the man but I took it as a compliment! lol lol

A2.jpg

Ha! Nice! Great ensemble for you too Ale, that homburg is sharp on you!

Today its Dobb's Twenty.
6760945001_ae74d360a9_z.jpg

(nasty photo, I know, my apologies!)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Rodkins, Mercuryfelt76, the scala is high here, but you, for well over it. super

Ale, that Hat, that outfit, ingenious. Sharp looking lid.

Dirk, perfect, the Dobbs on you looks really good.

Last edited:

jbucklin

Practically Family
I just reworked my Stetson Temple with my new Straight-Sided Dome from Hatshapers.com. It's not as tall as I would like, but the taper is gone. Then I took it to the Resistol Outlet (where I bought it) and had someone at the hat-bar trim the brim down to 2 1/4. I wanted it at 2 3/8 but the brim is just too soft and floppy and the guy didn't want to risk damaging the brim. I like it!
downsized_0125021111.jpg

downsized_0125021112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner