Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, finally am back on the 'lounge'. I have been traveling a great deal since moving to Frankfurt. I never leave home without at least one hat, though I have
learned when traveling to Italy, I will be bringing back more than I leave with..ALWAYS!

First, I took my 'converted' Stetson Gun Club to Paris

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

Then I had to go to Amsterdam for a week, where I got to test drive my Akubra CEO in the rain, and sun. It performed great in both!

IMG_1882-1-1.jpg

The early fall saw me getting a little ole fashioned German incarceration at Burg Thurant in the Mosel River Valley, yes, that is my trusty Stetson again

IMG_1511-1.jpg

Evening in Rome on the banks of the Tiber, Akubra CEO

IMG_1973.jpg

While in Rome, I bought the first of two Borsalino's..here at Fontana di Trevi. As a side note, on the far side of the fountain is the Borso factory outlet where I bought this hat.

IMG_2024.jpg

Off to see the Queen in my Borso..

IMG_2298.jpg

But I needed an appointment..:(

IMG_2329.jpg

Stonehenge at sunset in my Borso

IMG_2242.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Aureliano

Watch that Romanian lady, that's Count Dracula's home if I remember correctly. I really like the way the Homburgs look on you and Alan both. I tried a couple on at Hatman Jack's and I looked goofy. I have a beard which may work against me there.

Later

Last edited:

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, few more, most of them in my Borso, it has become my traveling hat for the most part, though I just purchased a nicer model while in Milano last week.

Here I am in Berlin in front of the Brandenburg Gate

DSCN2530.jpg

Straddling the Berlin Wall in Potsdam Platz, Borso of course

DSCN2371.jpg

From the Christmas markets of Berlin to the desert of Dubai in one week. The Borsalino worked great for both!

IMG_2479.jpg

CopyofIMG_2520.jpg

Back to Italy again, this time in Milano

IMG_2646.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
oooooooooooo.
MAN I missed homburg day.
Beautiful Lock, Merc.
Alan-- superb. I've never seen a nutria homburg. Never seen a nutria up close at all, actually.
RLK-- fantastic. How is the weight on that baby? My black Lee homburg is waaay heavier than my Lee silver label in dusty sage.

Se magnifique, Draculale! I would not mess with you today, and if that comment is coming from a Romanian woman, you know she ain't joking! I'd take it as a compliment of the highest nature (especially if she's conjuring images of Gary Oldman!).

Shohei

Familiar Face
Alan beautiful homburg!

Steve that Borso is a keeper (however if you decide otherwise I might know a home for it :D)

jwalls, nice colour on your OR clone!

azhiker that is an amazing shot. Love the lid. What is the issue with the liner?

sharp as always Robert and another good lookin' homburg!

Looove that shot, jlee, especially against the grey and black of your car!
+1

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
nice 20, Shohei!

I cheated today, and got to wear three different hats, doing a schtick at my son's preschool demonstrating different musical instruments and styles of music.

This was the one I maintained for the rest of the day (just a smallish royal Stetson). I pinched it more than usual, and thus enjoyed a little more comfort. I'm liking this lid.
007copy.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
nice 20, Shohei!

I cheated today, and got to wear three different hats, doing a schtick at my son's preschool demonstrating different musical instruments and styles of music.

This was the one I maintained for the rest of the day (just a smallish royal Stetson). I pinched it more than usual, and thus enjoyed a little more comfort. I'm liking this lid.
007copy.jpg
I'm liking that one, too, Jeff! What exactly do you mean about the sharper pinch providing more comfort? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner