Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This hat is very old and has seen a bunch of wear. The front pinch just wore through.

It might very well be a Playboy, Mike. Both of my "Mystery Stetsons" I believe ARE playboys. The first one had a front pinch that is almost through, its just very thin now. My Air-Light has a hole that wore through in front. The felt is VERY thin and usually results in hole over time. If you take some good fabric glue and patch the hole from the inside of the crown. When it dries you can crease the hat down in front a bit so you can't see the wear spot. I think that hat has some wonderful dimensions. I have seen late 40's/Early 50's Playboys with wide brims, but never with a 6 inch open crown. Thats just glorious.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My "new" Stetson. Might be an old Playboy.
6b300244.jpg

I think it looks GREAT on you, Mike! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It's not as if you've never seen a photo of me wearing the Louis Custom Hatters...

It's just that it's been quite a while since I last posted in this thread so I thought it would be a good idea to stick this photo here lest you forget me... ;)

louis_custom_hatters_01_26_12.jpg

Lookin' SHARP, Mario! Its great to see you back in the thread!

scooter

Practically Family
Mike, that is a nice hat, shame about the pinch wearing through. Maybe Josh has the remedy for you.

Mario, we shan't forget you, no one looks more debonair than you. Ale gives you some stiff competition (especially in his Count Dracula ensemble), but no one personifies suave more than you do.

DJH, I envoy you that CB OR. Very nice!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Totally whooped. Plane landed way-early morning. Then quickly I headed off to the gym(morning workouts), back home for un-packing, a cup of coffee and then quickly heading back to the gym for afternoon and evening. Same workouts tommorrow and then meets this weekend.

Ah, the anticipation. I have been anticipating my arrival home to visit my wife, dogs and new Art Fawcett Vintage Sillouette fedora. The new hat arrived earlier this week. (THANKS ART for the head art!) It is a VS creation taking some ques from the Stetson Strat in dove with a 2.5" brim.

IMG0316-L.jpg

I posted about the hat I am wearing today on the Art Fawcett thread here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?13023-Art-Fawcett-Hall-of-Fame/page540 .

Here is a quick hit of the hat;

IMG0323-L.jpg

Enjoying the hat show folks. I am pleased to be able to contribute today. Humbling submitting to the incredible hat show, Eric -

Mario

I'll Lock Up
The Romanian lady (I'd say she's in her 70s) at the little coffee shop where I buy my breakfast said this to me this morning "You look as handsome as Count Dracula" :D Never seen the man but I took it as a compliment! lol lol (maybe it was that I had my hair down?)

A2.jpg

I first guessed she was thinking of Gary Oldman's Dracula (quite the compliment, I should say), but then she's from Romania and should hence be well acquainted with that man, Vlad Dracul... :eeek:

b640x600.jpg

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I got my Stetson 25 my wife said it looked "Stupid Tall" so I know how you feel. It is a larger hat but it does look good on you. I personally think it’s the thin ribbon that makes it look taller so if you want more mileage out of it maybe put a thicker ribbon in it and see how she likes it then.

Johnny

Seems all I want to wear is my 3X Open Road. This is my wife's least favorite fedora (she thinks the crown is too tall). I'm hoping she'll get used to it.

DSCN1180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari