Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Busy office day. Now outside finishing shoveling the 2" of snow received this afternoon. I am wearing my VS Dove hat. The dove color really is SHARP!

IMG0352-L.jpg

As many of you know, custom hats fit nearly perfectly. I am wearing it in total comfort. I would have to say, IMO, the fit comes in a close second to the incredible style features of VS hats. I am feeling styling for at least the next 30 minutes at which time our teenage gymnasts will arrive for evening workouts and remind how old and out of touch I am!:D

The pictured hat is one were the esteemed Art Fawcett started with the background of the Stetson Stratoliner and worked it to a VS custom. I REALLY like the hat! It is my country/town hat

Comfortable, feeling like I styling, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Followed in the evening by my second new favorite my Stetson Twenty (poorly pictured as my dog wanted in on the shot)

Dirk, sometimes I have the same doggie problem :D

photo-103jpgscaled500-L.jpg

More great hats today, everyone!

Bill, you always wear those Adam hats so well. Hope the new job is going well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah... but my favorite from today is the little snippet of Dirk's Mac SE. You must have been a kid when that came out. Heck, I was still a kid when I bought mine. Still have it and it still fires up.

Today... snow. Yay!

012712.jpg

Alan, that hat is so hot the snow melts on contact! nice one.

Everyone-- great lids today. Also especially enjoy that Adam, Billyspew.

001copyy.jpg

Stetson 3X Eddie Bauer western/homburg (1970s?) but I changed the shag carpet band for a thin black ribbon. Very amateur job, but at least now it gets worn sometimes.

Last edited:

Shohei

Familiar Face
Great lid Eric - I think for my birthday I am going look into a VS!

Well said . . . including yours, Dirk! (Now I'm off to the world map to locate New Brunswick.)

I often say New Brunswick and get it followed by "Jersey??" :)

Alan I think I would have been 10?! I had in my office one of almost every mac from 1985 up most functioning until 2 years. During down sizing I got a promotion (great way to become popular - go figure this one....) and new office that was not configured to hold my geekiness. So I parted with 26 varying macs and kept my SE, a 512k, a Plus, my Apple II e and 2 Apple II gs Woz editions- since they all function!

Nice shot, Great Lid too!

Sharp 7x CB gtdean48!

Thats tough AF, though that is a nice one, but what was the one that got tossed?

Dapper in your Dobb's as always Robert! Love that ribbon colour with that felt!

Billy nice lid and ensemble! I do have to ask, your TAR has me baffled :D Do tell!

Nice hat and Great BT David - gotta love them! Though that BT hair is like porcupine quills when it comes to wool or felt - I use 3 different lint brushes!

Oh nice homburg Jeff!! Really like that colour and the band from what I can see looks great with it! I had my eye on one or 2 on the bay (going to give one a go) but the prices tend to be running a bit rich atm (and I a bit lean ;)).

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thats tough AF, though that is a nice one, but what was the one that got tossed?

It was an OR almost exactly like it. I have to admit...the county manager was very cool about the whole thing. He let me look on ebay until I finally found a comparable hat. Then paid for the hat when I won the auction. It is so much easier to win an ebay aution when you're not using your own money. ;)

AF

billyspew

One Too Many
Great lid Eric - I think for my birthday I am going look into a VS!

I often say New Brunswick and get it followed by "Jersey??" :)

Alan I think I would have been 10?! I had in my office one of almost every mac from 1985 up most functioning until 2 years. During down sizing I got a promotion (great way to become popular - go figure this one....) and new office that was not configured to hold my geekiness. So I parted with 26 varying macs and kept my SE, a 512k, a Plus, my Apple II e and 2 Apple II gs Woz editions- since they all function!

Nice shot, Great Lid too!

Sharp 7x CB gtdean48!

Dapper in your Dobb's as always Robert! Love that ribbon colour with that felt!

Billy nice lid and ensemble! I do have to ask, your TAR has me baffled :D Do tell!

Nice hat and Great BT David - gotta love them! Though that BT hair is like porcupine quills when it comes to wool or felt - I use 3 different lint brushes!

Oh nice homburg Jeff!! Really like that colour and the band from what I can see looks great with it! I had my eye on one or 2 on the bay (going to give one a go) but the prices tend to be running a bit rich atm (and I a bit lean ;)).

Don't mean to confuse sorry, it stands for Thin A**ed Ribbon.

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Thanks - we have 2 BTs. That's Pearl our baby (she is 4), the daughter of champions. Our other one, Ben is 11 now and was a rescue dog. He ended up in the pound because he had all kinds of health problems that his owners couldn't deal with. BTs are great little dogs.

I cheated with the photo though, not from today. This one was back in the summer and the hat is an old Royal Deluxe Stetson I used as a beater. It wasn't up to the job and self destructed in the hot weather - the sweatband just fell apart.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I really like that 7XCB, David. Even better than your other(s?). The ribbon may be wide compared to other CBs, but looks perfect on that-- absolutely classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael