Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jeff, there don't seem to be many of this version around. Dinerman has one and Buler posted a couple (this is one of them). Can't think of any others.

I'm confident in saying, I'll have the best dressed head in line at Dunkin Donuts for coffee in a few minutes.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X 50's

P1030682.JPG

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Busy office day. Now outside finishing shoveling the 2" of snow received this afternoon. I am wearing my VS Dove hat. The dove color really is SHARP!

Eric, he is super sharp, how a knife blade.

Oh yeah... but my favorite from today is the little snippet of Dirk's Mac SE. You must have been a kid when that came out. Heck, I was still a kid when I bought mine. Still have it and it still fires up.

Alan, wonderful, the form looks sharp.

7X CB Open Road Style Stetson...

Great Stetson today, gtdean.

Wearing a seventies Open Road. This is the one that the nice people of Craven County bought to replace the one the janitor threw away.

Nice Open Road Atticus, what I say? Very nice Open Road.

Robert, you come with two beautiful Hats.

Some great hats (lots of TARs!), and great scenes with the snow I'm so jealous of.

Not been posting regularly (new job), but going to try to do so more often.
Today, Adam De Luxe

Billy, superb Adam, very nice.

Jeff, wow, very very nice. Thats a Hat was made for you.

Stetson Week - Day 6: 7X Clear Beaver with Mode Edge. A WAR by 7XCB standards :D

David, the week goes to the end, your Hats doesn't. Great Stetsons.

Thanks Jeff, there don't seem to be many of this version around. Dinerman has one and Buler posted a couple (this is one of them). Can't think of any others.

Great hat... seen less often here than the western variations of 7XCB. I have one with the brim upturned in homburg fashion - also ventilated. It's hard to know if that was how it was sold originally.

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's old cowboy hat. Painter's cap on my head today.

Last edited:

brothelcreeper

Familiar Face
A hand-me-down Borsalino Trionfo: a co-worker's grandpa didn't want it and she gave it to me: grazie mille! :D

307096a9.jpg

That's amazing, both the hat and the generosity of your co-worker and gramps.

I'm heading up to The Hattery again today to pick up a green Akubra Squatter. Went with something crushable to stow once I've got the new lid.

EZiAtb47

Chocolate brown Stetson newsboy, via Brighton, UK.

Shohei

Familiar Face
David that Stetson is Gorgeous! For BT we have only one, Ruby, and she is a gem! Im working on my wife for our second ;)

Nice western Stetson Robert.

Wow that is one good friend you have there Ale! I like every thing about that lid too. Looking sharp!

Jeff you look bad ass in a bowler (and with the shades!)

Today was that black on black Robert Hall (a MAR :)) nice fur felt for grocery-go-getting.
6779240381_8d314c355b_z.jpg

Sorry for the quality, perhaps it will improve when the missus returns from Cuba with DSLR

RBH

Bartender
I had a great visit at Buckaroo Hatters today.

Here is a shot of Rocky and Mr Ray, one of Mikes good customers.

bucakroo001.jpg

I had Rocky do a little work on my Peters Brothers milan straw, then I got a shot of him wearing it.

bucakroo003.jpg

He needs to wear a fedora more often!

Mike doing a little hat work.

bucakroo006.jpg

Fallon and Rocky.

bucakroo014.jpg

While there I went to a few of the other shops along the square.

I found this thin ribbon at one of the shops.
Too small for me...

imag0007yu.jpg

imag0008mz.jpg

imag0009cf.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Here are a few shots of some of Mikes beadwork hat bands.

bucakroo017.jpg

bucakroo018.jpg

bucakroo015.jpg

bucakroo019.jpg

A couple of cool hats he made for customers.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen hat. [this one was not for Mr Ray]

bucakroo010.jpg

bucakroo009.jpg

The customer wanted a special liner.

bucakroo011.jpg

And the hat for Cliff Barackman, of Finding Bigfoot fame.

bucakroo020.jpg

bucakroo021.jpg

And last, this cool tool that Mike picked up a few months ago.
It is used to measure the size of a hat.

bucakroo008.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, the week goes to the end, your Hats doesn't. Great Stetsons.

Thanks Manfred. Stetson certainly made some great hats back in the day.

Great hat... seen less often here than the western variations of 7XCB. I have one with the brim upturned in homburg fashion - also ventilated. It's hard to know if that was how it was sold originally.

Cheers, Alan - I always enjoy wearing this hat. I've been very tempted by your 100 this evening as well.

David that Stetson is Gorgeous! For BT we have only one, Ruby, and she is a gem! Im working on my wife for our second ;)

Dirk, we really enjoy having the two BTs even though they drive us crazy sometimes. Today was warm enough for me to take them on a nice 3 mile walk by the canal. Special treat for this time of year because, as you'll know, Bostons don't tolerate extreme cold too well.

Ale - what a nice Borsalino that is!

Jeff - Great look for you with the Stetson bowler. Living up to your username for sure!

Brothelcreeper - love your username. On one of my first business trips to the US (I'm an expat Brit) we rented the worlds worst car - a Chrysler LeBaron, which was instantly christened "The Brothel Creeper". We later expanded the designation to include various Buick, Plymouth and other cars as well. Amazing how awful late 80's, early 90's American cars were.

You are lucky being able to just pop out and get yourself a nice new Akubra!

Txmason

Familiar Face
@RBH

Rusty,

Awsome hats! Does the brother with the Masonic jacket own the hat store or is that the other gentleman in the photo? Does Rocky make the Milan straw he is wearing? I am looking for something like that for summer wear here in Texas. Can it be a color like that for summer or does it have to be dark? If you'd like I can send you a 2012 Shrine pin.

Jerry

brothelcreeper

Familiar Face
Brothelcreeper - love your username. On one of my first business trips to the US (I'm an expat Brit) we rented the worlds worst car - a Chrysler LeBaron, which was instantly christened "The Brothel Creeper". We later expanded the designation to include various Buick, Plymouth and other cars as well. Amazing how awful late 80's, early 90's American cars were.

You are lucky being able to just pop out and get yourself a nice new Akubra!

Haha thanks David, I'm Daniel btw. I actually bought a pair of green suede pointed toe creepers in london and just loved the fact they were called 'brothel creepers', it just sounds so wicked.
.. And buy a new Akubra I did!

6HOBLrsy

pZPVI7qV

Still not 100% about the bash, but I'm loving the size of this thing. Big wide brim and tall square crown. Very cool.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks gents!

Mike, I do not know the stats on the LEG hat. Mike will have to chime in on that one.

Alan and Ale, thanks !!!

Jerry, Mike Moore is the hatter that owns the store. Buckaroo Hatters.
Rocky works for Mike, and the milan he is wearing is made by Joe Peters of Peters Brothers in Fort Worth.
And yes it comes in white.
Thanks for the pin offer, I have all the degrees except the Shrine.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the comments guys. Untill recently I literally had not been outside of the U.S. BTW, that is only the places that I have photos of my hats that I have been to. I travel every other week as a rule. As anyone can tell you though..'there's no place like home'! Trust me, I miss and love the good ole USA!
Azhiker, I'm loving these travel pics! Very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael