Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNO

One Too Many
So many great hats!

Going out for my walk tonight in my Biltmore Wilderness...with a nod to Robbie Burns in my Royal Stewart scarf.

Photo0696.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I don't really know. I find that different creases feel differently on my head. I find, for instance, that soft hats that only have a center crease, no dents, feel very block-ish to me and sort of uncomfortable, but I like to wear most hats pretty low so that I can feel them, if that makes any sense. Bowlers are different, possibly because they're heavier, stiffer? The negative space in bowlers doesn't bother me as much for some reason. Bowlers have more potential for being full of hot air?? None of this probably makes any sense, but it's as good as I can come up with off the cuff![huh]

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
azhiker, great Borso. The hat band, is it original?

Robert, stunning, first class Homburg.

jlee562, very very nice your Optimo, I like it.

Jeff, the Stetson is very sharp. My brown Stetson Royal looks similar.

David, your Biltmore looks great. Looks very comfortable

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
delectans, Chepstow – Thanks.

jbucklin, I have to say I like the reworked Temple.

I just reworked my Stetson Temple with my new Straight-Sided Dome from Hatshapers.com. It's not as tall as I would like, but the taper is gone. Then I took it to the Resistol Outlet (where I bought it) and had someone at the hat-bar trim the brim down to 2 1/4. I wanted it at 2 3/8 but the brim is just too soft and floppy and the guy didn't want to risk damaging the brim. I like it!
downsized_0125021111.jpg

azhiker

One of the Regulars
The liner on the Borso is actually falling out..it claims to be 'a waterproof liner', and it just is not very well installed. I have two other Borsos, and they dont have the same problem, in fact, i own about 15 hats, from an inexpensive (but real soft and well built ) modern Tonack to my Borsos, akubras, stetsons, Biltmores, and NONE other have that sort of problem.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
that's unbelievable, azhiker. I"m still not convinced half those places are real! Seriously beautiful shots.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Untill recently I literally had not been outside of the U.S. BTW, that is only the places that I have photos of my hats that I have been to. I travel every other week as a rule. As anyone can tell you though..'there's no place like home'! Trust me, I miss and love the good ole USA!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
It's not as if you've never seen a photo of me wearing the Louis Custom Hatters...

It's just that it's been quite a while since I last posted in this thread so I thought it would be a good idea to stick this photo here lest you forget me... ;)

louis_custom_hatters_01_26_12.jpg

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
I'm liking that one, too, Jeff! What exactly do you mean about the sharper pinch providing more comfort? Just curious.

I know exactly what Bowlerman means. I've always noticed that my fedoras feel uncomfortable when I return them to their open crown origin. This is because they have grown (or should I say shrank) to fit your head like a glove. Any change to the overall shape will make the hat deviate from the constant training it's received in molding to your head so to speak. Using a tighter pinch makes it hug your head more, especially if you are a long oval as this encourages a more oval shape.

Bowlers are different because they conform only around the sweat band and therefore fit your head without losing the crown shape.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Manfred - nice Stetson Week hat for you.

Mario - good to see you in here today. Great hat.

Stetson Week - Day 4: 7X Clear Beaver, OR style

smugshot6932970-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mario, stunning Louis and great outfit.

David, great Stetson week for you too. Wonderful 7x, looks like my Resistol 7x.

Mike, my congrats for the new Hats. The old " Playboy " looks really fresh. What you make with the hole

Ale, you put the level in this tread very high. Top Knox today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner