Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Dirk-- GREAT color.
Alan-- super awesome.
Andy-- I had the very same experience. My wife only likes me in hipster hats and ball caps, but now I really prefer grownup lids...

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino with Minnesotan accent.
012412.jpg

Yah, you betcha, this one is definitely "Minnesota Nice"! lol

Last edited:
Yah, you betcha, this one is definitely "Minnesota Nice"! lol

I couldn't have said it half this good... thanks for your inflection!

JBucklin, the hat was sold at Juster Brothers in Minneapolis.

Andy, it is the style we and Borsalino now call Alessandria though it was not marked as such in this hat, rather L'udoela. Vintage somewhere in the vicinity of 1950. A recent arrival to Western NY - more photos here.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, it is the style we and Borsalino now call Alessandria though it was not marked as such in this hat, rather L'udoela. Vintage somewhere in the vicinity of 1950. A recent arrival to Western NY - more photos here.

Well, Alan, no question it's a stunning fedora. I have no idea how you get so many great hats, but you do.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
web.jpg

Malrov 8 pannel black tweed a hard cap to photograph. Have my new spec's on they are a John Lennon brand Tart Arnel model copy. Also wearing a vintage Blue Bell Jean Chore
jacket. The glasses work much better with my hats and caps that the wire frame model I use to where. An as we all know everything is based on the Hat.:)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Whippet comments guys. This one is a new arrival and I was pleased to find an all grey whippet - especially at price that didn't do into 3 digits.

Hey Jeff and Andy - great Open Roads today. Keep em coming for Stetson week!

Ed - I like the cap. Is that one vintage or from one of the modern cap makers (cappers?)
Alan - looking good in the "new" Borsalino today.

brothelcreeper

Familiar Face
On the train up to the Blue Mountains Hattery in Australia to look into rebashing a green Akubra Hampton into a homburg.

This is what I went with today:
g2sdiiC9

My grey Akubra Bogart.

job

One Too Many
That is the best pics I have ever seen of a grey Bogart. The picture is making it a little lighter that it actually is I think.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
B.J.: I appreciate your kind words. The much maligned Gay Prince is a singular hat. Distinctive style with swagger and bravado to spare, combined with exquisite, suede-finish felt that has a supple, sensuous hand. Little wonder that they cost $20 back in the day...

Your Beaver Brand looks fantastic, and every time I see you wearing it, I am reminded of the incredible job you did with it. :eusa_clap

Txmason

Familiar Face
@yookee

Awsome hat my friend! Where can I get one like in the second photo the guy on the left? Who is the fantastic art fellow that is mentioned and how can I get in touch with him about a hat or getting some advice on buying a hat?

Jerry

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, your Borsalino let me Dream about it. So should look all Borsalino.

Ed, what a nice Malrov Cap you wear. i understand why you love it

brothelcreeper, the akubra makes his name a honor. Very beauty.

B.J, the Beaver Brand looks great, a very fine Hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner