Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
For Fawcett Friday...my new VS ArtLite Granite Playboy....REALLY liking this lid!
IMG_20120915_185117.jpg

I'm lovin' that one, Tom! Those vent holes are fantastic. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

scooter

Practically Family
Hey Alan, is that a Lords hat, or a derby, or what? My wife asked me, and I was unsure of how to answer her question.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Alan, That's a great looking bowler. That's a bowler with swagger, it has that "Gangs of New York" look about it.

Last edited:
Thanks! Here is a link to pictures of the old dome crowned soft western hat.

I started to type a story with this picture, then decided to let it rest overnight. I was enjoying the night air with Donna, listening to a somewhat loud teenage party across the street. Obviously our neighbor was away (turns out for ten days) and his teenage daughter and 22 year old son were minding the house. The daughter invited some friends over who invited more friends. It turned into a rather large beer soaked event. Private school kids... we watched a dozen of them scootch into a dad's Jaguar for refreshments. I decided to stay out and keep an eye on it and finally walked across the street to make sure they were safe, which of course freaked everyone out. The 22 year old son dispersed the crowd and came over to talk with me. He said they were afraid that some guy across the street with a top hat was going to call the cops. :eusa_doh:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Busy day - Knights Trail Run (5K) in morning, coaching my optional gymnasts thru early afternoon (US Gymnastics Women Level 7-10's) and finally back at home. I am longingly looking at the lake and considering getting a boat in the water. The 50'F temps this afternoon are just refreshing.

IMG2941-L.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Pendleton Boardshirt and VS Executive in blue smoke for inquiring minds.)

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
What I wore to work last week. 1950's Adam. The guys at the local hat store where I get my vintage hats serviced couldn't decipher whether it's a fedora or porkpie. I just refer to it as a "Forkpie".
CIMG3647_zps5abe4284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925