Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Randall, Manfred, et al, Thanks for the compliments on the Dobbs Gay Prince, gents. It's one of my favorite hats. I lucked out on this one. There was one in size 7 that went for over $100 a few days before this one popped up on eBay, it's a generous 6 7/8 that with some home stretching on a hat jack fits me great.

Unfortunately Randall, I don't have a lead on a 7 1/2, but if anyone is a 7 or 7 1/8 I noticed that there's three Stetson Gay Prince clones on ebay right now.

If you do not already know it, you have some amazing hats that some of us would die for to own....only in my dreams will I ever own the nice hats others here seem to "wrestle" up finding. So far only 4 or 5 hats I have owned are real keepers, but all of yours are beyond just that! You are so very lucky. Do you buy lotto tickets? If not I would if I were you, I bet you'd hit the mega jackpots like crazy!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I should comment that everyone's hats are super nice that have posted here as it is that way for sure. Makes me wonder what a dream come true could be to own them all even if only for a day or two.....(sigh). Hat addiction is really something! Healthier than any other addiction I can think of though! Weee Haaaw!lol!

howardeye

Practically Family
I own just two dobbs hats, both the western style. I am very impressed with how they look. You have a nice one there.

Thanks for the compliment. I bought this hat on Etsy for $33 never worn with the box. I never even knew Dobbs had western hats till I saw this one. I really don't like the color because everything I have is black. I guess I will have to get a brown leather coat. Have a great holiday season.

howardeye

Practically Family
This hat goes well with this suit I.M.H.O.

The colors are close to each other ,got this for $20.00 on free bay.

What do you guy's think?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1268.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

DSCN1271.jpg

DSCN1273.jpg

That hat is a beauty! My favorite style. I am wearing a Stetson Toronado almost identical watching my wife's Christmas show on Hallmark (dull). In 2 hours I will be watching Cumberland Highlanders Bluegrass and Molly B Polka Party on RFDTV on Dish Network which I will switch to a different hat! My Stetson pictured and my favorite in 3X Beaver never worn till me. Bought it on not freeBay for 3 times more than yours.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I went into the city with my wife for our anniversary celebration. We saw the broadway show Chaplin (which is very good) at the Ethel Barrymore Theater.
I wore my VS Carlotta and my wife wore a Parkhurst knitwear beret
IMG_1243s.jpg

IMG_1221s.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Played out at a local micro-brew this afternoon. Pre-war acoustic blues was on tap played by my buddy and I. This was not a "Juke Joint," but the audience was doing some sampling of seriously fine Holiday brews. We dress in business atire, as did the blues musicians did at the time of our favorite music. Most our our fav musicians wore hats, as did most males at that time in the US's history.

Leaving the house in my jacket, tie and hat (VS Granite hat). The topcoat was needed in the 18'F weather.

IMG_3578-M.jpg

My guitar was waiting and ready on the porch. Un-like many of the serious and frequent gigging pro musicians on the Forum, I have to think and plan what stuff is needed and to prepare for. I had laid out my stuff early afternon and worked out in my mind what was needed. By the time came to jump and get ready, I was prepared.

IMG_3583-M.jpg

Two afternoon/early evening sets for us. Dan played some solo stuff and I got to watch and enjoy. Man he can really rip! His hat is a vintage Whippet, creased by himself. He likes the sides rolled up a bit.

IMG_3585-M.jpg

Toe tapping music covered everything from alternating bass, mono-bass songs, rags and many others. Slow, fast and even some boogie.

IMG_3599-M.jpg

Below is a pic of me leaning against the back wall (garage wall of the icro brewery). As you can tell by the moisture on the table, this establishment features beer. We did not take a check, but took a couple of brews during our guitar playing. All went well. The folks recieved us well. Dan ripped as usual. All was most excellent!

IMG_3593-M.jpg

Back at home and putting my instrument away. Out in a bit for "Date Night" with my wife.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
CC - happy anniversary. Looks as though you and your wife were having an enjoyable time.

Eric - good Blues day! Hope the date night goes well.

We were heading out into the bright lights of Nashua.

Stetson Whippet for me

smugshot_9720175-L.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great evocative shots, Eric! The mood carries through strongly. I sure envy your (and others') musical ability. Maybe next time around for me.

Case, happy anniversary! Looks like a grand time on the town. :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Frank, that is a nice stingy, but you could definitely pull of a wider brim like Javier's.
I agree he looks very smooth in that one!

Dear Hatophile ,thank you for the kind words and concuring on Javier's look with that hat.

It's also funny how you stated " but you could definitely pull of a wider brim like Javier's" because I am always reluctant to wear a hat with too wide of a brim because even though it might be my correct hat or "head" size ,because I have a small head (6 7/8) I feel that hats with big brims make me look like I'm "swimming" in it even if it's the correct size ,I'm sure you understand what I'm saying .

I'd love to hear what you think on this topic.
Thanks for weighing in here .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
That hat is a beauty! My favorite style. I am wearing a Stetson Toronado almost identical watching my wife's Christmas show on Hallmark (dull). In 2 hours I will be watching Cumberland Highlanders Bluegrass and Molly B Polka Party on RFDTV on Dish Network which I will switch to a different hat! My Stetson pictured and my favorite in 3X Beaver never worn till me. Bought it on not freeBay for 3 times more than yours.

I have to admit that has got to be the most stingy brim I've ever seen !

Thanks for the compliment on the blue fedora, and as I posted in the " ebay bragging rights " thread , I was explaning how I can get hats really cheap ,BUT really good or next to new for normally $50.00 or less ,and most of the time it's $15.00 To $35.00 and on the lower end of even that margin !

I am always having 4 or 5 on my ebay watch list and sometimes ,I even get them for the starting bid .

Happy hunting and All the best, Fashion Frank

howardeye

Practically Family
I am always watching 4 or 5 also. I should of been watching instead of being on this forum a couple of hours ago. I missed bidding on a gray Cavanagh I really wanted. Good hunting to you also. I hope to get a dark blue stingy one of these days.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Javier, Jeff, Perry and Ana, thanks guys for the kind words. I appreciate them all!
AnA, your right! Lock and not Look! ;)

Lauro, good looking Strat on you! With a bit luck I get a in german produced Excellent Stetson Stratoliner like new
for a bargain!

Javier, sharp Borsalino and great game!

Jeff, nice night shot! Dennis hats are very well made! The flatten brim looks good
for this one! Nicely felt!

Perry, nice sweater, that OR looks very good too!

Splinter, very nice your Stetson with your suit! Looks good!

Howard, nice Dobbs, looks good on you!

Sam, happy anniversary! Nice photos, I hope you have enjoyed the show!

Eric, very nice photos looks like a great day for you!

David, nice noire photo, the Whippet comes good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic