Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country, after dragging the snowblower out... just in case.

122012.jpg

GREAT crown on that Cross Country, Alan!!

They are talking 2-6 inches in Chicago tonight, I wish I bought a snow blower this fall.....:eusa_doh:

Thanks Josh... the crown on this one is right up your alley.

I don't usually fire the beast up unless we get 12"+. 2-6" is just a little healthy exercise.

Drive safely, my friend!

Block Maker

New in Town
My latest for myself and I couldn't resist until this was 100% done to post a pic. It needs flanged and a good final brushing. Its a beaver in Black Cherry with 2 inch ribbon. 5 1/2" open crown and a 2 1/2" underwelt brim! I thought the black cherry would be more cherry color but next to black you can really tell what color it is!

PERS_zpsaf3718e2.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Josh... the crown on this one is right up your alley.

I don't usually fire the beast up unless we get 12"+. 2-6" is just a little healthy exercise.

Drive safely, my friend!

I guess I could use a little good snow shoveling exercise after the holidays. LOL. :D

Thank you very much, Alan. You drive safe as well. I think Buffalo is suppose to get some snow mixed with rain tomorrow. Its the worst combo of weather....it rains....then snows....then the rain freezes and ice forms. I guess I will have to put away my good shoes until spring. :)

Block Maker

New in Town
VERY nice job. The crown is very nice and very impressive that its so straight at 5 1/2 inches. What type of block did you use for that one?
It is actually the same block I used to make that green stingy brim and it actually (the block) tapers slightly. It's a block I made myself a few years back and added a 1/2" riser block to it. I was/am shooting for a public enemies look!

Thanks for the kind remarks!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It is actually the same block I used to make that green stingy brim and it actually (the block) tapers slightly. It's a block I made myself a few years back and added a 1/2" riser block to it. I was/am shooting for a public enemies look!

Thanks for the kind remarks!

Very cool! Well, you sure got that Public Enemies look down pat!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
For a cooler Thursday morning, my Beaver Brown Buckaroo with mid ribbon.

002dhw.jpg

AWESOME hat, Rusty!! I feel honored to have been present in Mike's shop when that felt color was named!! There's nothing like Beaver Brown!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just checking in here briefly-- still in the throes of the holiday concert bustle. But I had to shout out to Perry and his Biltmore OR clone in Silver Belly. Woohoo!

Also, Josh, your "new and improved" Dobbs velour... well, I WANT ONE. That's just first class, man.

buler

I'll Lock Up
The world must be coming to an end. Rusty wears a mid ribbon and I wear a TAR for the 2nd day in a row. Stetson No. 1 fresh from the snow.

B

steston_no_1.jpg

Buried a childhood friend/first job out of college co-worker today, very unexpected, massive heart attack at 52 years old.
Weather threatened rain but held off until after graveside services....
Stetson 7X CB...Classic for a classy guy....RIP FWL3...
Photo-0102.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, I have a black no.1 that is a #1 go to hat. Yours looks great. Good to see you posting here.

Steve, another killer and another fantastic ribbon treatment that you just don't see on this side of the Atlantic.

Rusty, a great portrait today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou