Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Stockman works well for you Manfred.
B.J. Hedberg: That hat works great for you.
For the morning, while hanging out with the kids I'm wearing a new Stetson Sovereign 20 Mode edge stingy.
IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

Monte

A-List Customer
HatsRme, that brim is hollywoodish....great look.
Alan, great quality hat
RLK, you always throw a great look together
Ana, those clouds look like a painting, so do your classic hats w those pic effects
Manfred, you look natural in all your hats
BJ, that is a cool one for sure...roomy in the ol' crown. I missed the original...is that vintage or one you had made up to fit?
Shopping in my Donegal tweed cap....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Reshaped Campdraft for walking the doggies this morning

smugshot_5060636-L.jpg

They were happy our route today included a ramp to the Merrimack River

smugshot_5788254-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That is a saturday smile if ever I've seen one. I'm guessing the pups are wearing one too.:eek:

Alan, five brisk miles is a ways for little legs so they are both crashed out in their own spots on the kitchen floor. I know they'll be getting excited to do it again first thing in the morning.

Yes, very rare to see you in a modern hat!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, Monte and Alan, thanks, Gentlemen. Yes I am on the way to a flea market, 50 km away from my hometown.
It's every saturday, a big flea market at the Dordmund University! A pity, nothing found.

David, nice photos of the Dogs and the new reschaped CD.

Monte, sharp look with that Cap! More please!!

Sam, nice Stetson but looks a bit to small for you! Or?

Alan, sharp Borsalino, bellissimo!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Manfred. Was someone else raiding the fleemarket before you got there? The Akubra you are wearing today really suits you.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, many thanks! That could be. I found hats but nothing special.
Alpine or Trachten hats, you find many, those hats are widely used but that is nothing for me! I think I have already bought the best hats. [huh]

Last edited:

Monte

A-List Customer
Really pleased to have just found a dresser w mirror that we are converting to a bathroom vanity. We got it for less than you could buy the marble top alone I'm guessing. Wore my Walton: brim down and feather in.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Sharp Borso, Alan! I'm going with the Dobbs FIFTEEN again today. Applied some steam and gave it a little more break. Also squared off the crown a tad...

D08BFDF1.jpg

4F5B20EF.jpg

27D050B7.jpg

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred--good looking outfit, the Akubra works well with it. You would fit in in San Francisco!

case--congrats on the new stingy Stetson. Re: your comment the other day, yes, the whiskey felt is a color I could wear every day.

Monte--two nice lids today, sir.

DJH--the CD looks good re-shaped back to the center dent. Some of my hats look good that way, others beg for a teardrop or diamond crease.

Charlz--nice to see just a plain working hat.

Alan--I tried saying it five times fast and it sounded like "Borsalino Como".

A'n'A--the Dobbs looks great. Your brim work is an inspiration.

Stetson Playboy today.
IMG_24611_zps3d175d1a.jpg

Out for a walk where we stumbled upon a vintage car show.
1954 Jaguar
IMG_2467_zpsde7215a1.jpg

The owner was happy to give me details...
IMG_2468_zpsc82d0579.jpg

And then the coffee break.
IMG_2481_zps41c750c9.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
AnA - your Dobbs 15 always looks good, I like the new brim look too. We'll make a swoopy brim guy out of you yet! :)

GD - thanks for the CD comment. Most of my hats have a center crease, maybe I'm not as good a hat listener as you are!

Nice shots from the car show, we have a few of them up our way once things get warmer. I was just visiting with my Dad over in the UK and he has a Morris 1000 and a Spitfire that he has restored and takes to shows.

Manfred, As mentioned great look with the Akubra Stockman. Sorry you didn't find anything at the flea market.

Sam, Your Stetson Sovereign 20 Mode Edge is looking fine!

David, Great photos! Your reshaped Campdraft is a winner!

Monte, Your Donegal tweed cap looks super!

Alan, Really like the felt / ribbon color combo on the modern Borsalino Como! Wears great too!

Charlz, Hope the garden work went well. Nice wide brim on the Home Depot garden straw!

AnA, Really stylish Dobbs 15! I like what you did with the brim and crown.

g.durand, Super photo sequence! Your Stetson Playboy is fantastic!

g.durand

One Too Many
David--the owner of the Jag told me that he sources almost all of his parts from the UK. According to him far fewer Jags of that era were exported than MGs, for example, which are easier to finds parts for here in the U.S.

As for creases, all of your hats look good to me.

mayserwegener--thank you. It's a new find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner