Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
It is raining today so the Dobbs Centre crease Panama stayed home and my Akubra Sydney came along for the ride. Does not really match my navy blue Guyabera but, I am an individual (good enough excuse I guess).
View attachment 1256 View attachment 1257
Hmmm...I'm thinking of buying the Sydney...isn't that the one with the lighter weight felt? How's the felt on that hat compared to the Heritage?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Gilchrist

Got out some this warm morning wearing my linen Stetson Gilchrist before being hit with another wave of thunder storms...not too bad for a reasonably inexpensive cap...

gilchrist04.jpg

Great "Feldman"!!! You nailed it; I LOVE that movie!! Though his role was short, Gene Hackman was brilliant! :)

I appreciate the hat comments, I bought it off Etsy for a steal. Nice and lightweight. The proportions are perfect for me. Can't wait to see your new Dobbs!

Never thought I resembled him all that much, but I guess I'm flattered (flattened?) Here's the scene...
View attachment 1258

Charlz

Familiar Face
If it weren't raining Charlz a panama would look great with that Guayabera. I haven't worn one of those shirts since I lived in Fla eons ago.

Yes the Guayaberas do look better with a straw sombrero but the rain does evil things to my Panamas. I love the guayaberas because they are so comfortable in the blazing heat of Tennessee. They also cover the waistline which is good for a couple reasons.

Charlz

Familiar Face
Hmmm...I'm thinking of buying the Sydney...isn't that the one with the lighter weight felt? How's the felt on that hat compared to the Heritage?

I really am not familiar with the Heritage but the the David Morgan site says about the Sydney:
" The Sydney, named after Australia's largest city, is a Fedora in a quality soft felt specifically designed for this style. This is a true city hat you will enjoy wearing anywhere. In the classic Fedora shape, it has an open crown and a one inch ribbon band. It is usually worn with a simple lengthwise center crease and the front of the brim snapped down as popularized in the 1888 play "Fedora" by V. Sardou. The fur felt is a lighter weight felt, using a special selection of finer fur, but otherwise similar to Akubra's Imperial Quality felt. Fully lined, with a 2-1/2 inch brim and a reeded roan leather sweatband, the Sydney is an extremely comfortable hat from the first wearing. 5-1/2 inch open crown, shipped uncreased. UPF rating 50+. Made in Australia by Akubra."

PS. I love mine

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I really am not familiar with the Heritage but the the David Morgan site says about the Sydney:
" The Sydney, named after Australia's largest city, is a Fedora in a quality soft felt specifically designed for this style. This is a true city hat you will enjoy wearing anywhere. In the classic Fedora shape, it has an open crown and a one inch ribbon band. It is usually worn with a simple lengthwise center crease and the front of the brim snapped down as popularized in the 1888 play "Fedora" by V. Sardou. The fur felt is a lighter weight felt, using a special selection of finer fur, but otherwise similar to Akubra's Imperial Quality felt. Fully lined, with a 2-1/2 inch brim and a reeded roan leather sweatband, the Sydney is an extremely comfortable hat from the first wearing. 5-1/2 inch open crown, shipped uncreased. UPF rating 50+. Made in Australia by Akubra."

PS. I love mine
Thanks Charlz...yeah, I like the looks of it..It's a nice looking hat and you wear it well...I've been thinking about buying one in the very near future...David Morgan wants $160 for them but I found them for about $132 at Wrangler Outpost. I have a real nice Akubra Squatter...my only issue with it is that the color is black...and I don't like black hats so I'll probably try to trade it or sell it...I bought it from a guy online really cheap and from the pictures he posted the hat looked grey...oh well...it's still a very nice hat for someone who likes black hats...I don't think it was worn but once or twice before I bought it...I wear it some to try to get used to the color, but I can't seem to warm up to it....

for anyone who's interested, here's the link to Wrangler Outpost...they sell Akubras for cheaper than David Morgan...

http://www.kakadutrader.com/akubra_hatindex.html

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Everybody’s looking good. All those caps reminds me I need to try another one from HatPeople, only this time with a less full cut. I’ve been wearing my Tumwater around today. It’s gotten many compliments. It’s just a great hat.

5102013_zps18bb9b86.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Started the day with this lovely gray Dobbs FIFTEEN, taken at work...

C0CD3DBA.jpg

Then finished the day with my Falcon Park at a neighbor's backyard cookout. A flavor that never tires...

56fa17c6-7032-4704-93b6-7156e5949e90.jpg

6e5300c4-fa1f-40f4-911b-d75e014ebba0.jpg

And some peculiar cloud formations heading in for some weekend rain...

image_3.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Robert, that is a very nice combination jacket/hat, you look very good!

B.J, marvelous hat, that Tumwater!

Jared, fine Borsalino Cap on you, something different!

Justin, this hat is excellent and you look sharp with him!

John, very nice City Sport! A great Brand with tradition.

TJ, Cap day, that's good, I like that Stetson Cap on you! I own 8 Caps from Stetson.
4 in Leather and 4 in fabric, the choice, what to wear is heavy for me. haha

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Everybody’s looking good. All those caps reminds me I need to try another one from HatPeople, only this time with a less full cut. I’ve been wearing my Tumwater around today. It’s gotten many compliments. It’s just a great hat.

5102013_zps18bb9b86.jpg

For me, at least, it has an early '30s look to it. I immediately thought of Universal leading man David Manners (Dracula, The Black Cat, The Mummy, etc.) when I saw it on you; it looks like something he'd wear.

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars

5102013_zps18bb9b86.jpg

Thanks for showing us BJ.. That's a great looking hat, very distinctive, it's a new name to me so just going over to there web site to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails