Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Dynel is "to die for!" Robert!
TJones the wooly has loads of character.
Cheps, my friend, you rock that BorsaHommy, man!
GTDean...Love the bash on that lid, sir.
Bowlrmn, I hope you're as cool as you look in the Monti...
OGrad, That Borsa seems like the perfect hat for you!
DJH, that 25 looks like a million! Glad you got your hat back...
GDurand the Dallas really shows the Texan in you! Great look.
Winter Joe, you are in the forefront of the fortunate, my friend. WOW, What a dreamy lid!!!!!!

HamilcarB3.... That is your best hat, IMHO. Super lid; happy picture!

This morning I started the day with my Knox Premier Quality stingy...
View attachment 3886 View attachment 3887 View attachment 3888

Then as the day heated up, I donned the Dobbs. Milan, of course!
View attachment 3889 View attachment 3890 View attachment 3891

Getting ready for this weekend's wedding, a time for lot's of Joy...
View attachment 3892

Last edited:
HB3 - great Stetson
hRM - great pair of stingy brims, I have a stingy Dobbs milan that I practically live in thanks to the heat and humidity here in the heart of dixie
MoK - also a great stingy brim, it works very well with the shirt you're wearing - like you're about to hit vegas Sean Connery era Bond style

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was out today at the "Great Minnesota Get Together, " aka The Minnesota State Fair. We got out early morning in the cloudy mid 70's F to grab breakfast. Ole’s Canolies sidetracked our original destination with the puzzling enticement of a canolie with bacon. Yes, Ole', the sartorial MN Scandinavian character, offers a canolie with bacon. Not bad food, although breakfast it was not.

IMG_0255-M.jpg

My vintage Milan, thanks to Robert (RLK), added a needed touch of class and comfort for my foray at the fair.

IMG_0264-M.jpg

Early lunch meant having a dark stout beer and listening to a bagpiper.

IMG_0266-M.jpg

IMG_0269-M.jpg

MN. Wheelsmen had an exhibit featuring vintage bicycles. I know we have a contingent of bike aficionados and so I wished to share pics of my fav – 1914 Raleigh. This bike has everything; umbrella attached, watch holder, bottle (glass bottle) holder, lamp, panniers and more. Lots of cool vintage bikes, but this one just had all the extras.

IMG_0277-M.jpg

IMG_0282-M.jpg

IMG_0278-M.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Best wishes, Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Eric - looks like a fun time. I haven't been to our local summer fair here in the Cleveland area. Often went to the New York State fair when we lived in Syracuse.

Shangas - nice Panama. I would not have known it's a beater.

Today I'm wearing my Akubra Banjo Paterson.
View attachment 3900

Ghost beads (dried juniper berries) with tiger eye beads necklace and bracelet. Ghost beads are used in both healing and for good luck. Medicine pouch holding bloodstone and Eilat stone for healing. Traveling arrow ring for strength and courage.
View attachment 3901

Though I would never call it a hobby, I enjoy eating reasonably healthy foods - especially at breakfast. Tea helps to keep my blood sugar down some (I'm diabetic).
Tea: Golden Monkey black tea from China. Originally reserved only for royalty, now available to us plebeians.
Bread: fresh baked Italian
Cheese: Shropshire Blue from Leicestershire UK
Fruit: dried figs and assorted grapes
View attachment 3903

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It's been through a fair bit, I can assure you!

It was a cheap, flea-market purchase. Mid-range quality Panama. It's been rained on extremely heavily, it's been washed, scrubbed clean, dried, it's been blown off on more than one occasion, it's played in a busy intersection at least twice. And it's been on at least one journey around the world.

It's a decent hat, but one day, I'd like to get a better one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning at the gym working on building out a pre-school room. Changed clothes to grab some needed coffee in the morning and put on my $1.99 (original price) straw hat to make the drive.

IMG_5891-M.jpg

Eric -

OG - you really know you stuff, I admire that. Is that a tooled band on the BP?

SBG - your pics of the fair are inspiring. The old sedan (chevy maybe?) with the canoe makes me want to come up to the great lakes region. Love the milan

Shangas- is that the panama that was caught in the monsoon? It looks none the worse for wear

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the same one which is in the "Hats & Drinks" thread. I was in downtown Singapore and a sudden downpour caught me totally off-guard. I ran two blocks to the nearest subway station and by the time I got there, the hat was soaked through!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, Hamilcar, Richard, editedby, Mike, Ole, Tom, Jeff,, dh66, TJ, Andy and Alan, thanks so much guys for the kind words.
I appreciate all your comments!

Richard, great hat your Cav, love the shape and color and reminds me on my Resistol Majestics in that color.

Charlie, you and Richard rock those stingy brims and looks fantastic!

Hamilcar, a classic your Stetson, sharp hat and looks so good on you!

Robert, great combination shirt and hat, a beauty Penney!

Eric, great photos, looks like a great time for you!

Andy, looks very good the Patterson, nice too the jewelry!

Shangas, very nice, a beater?

editedby, thanks for the comment and for the question. That Jacket is from outrage, a heavy and thick antique Leather in used optik.
A repo style of a aviator jacket from the ww II

Orangegrad

Practically Family
OG - you really know you stuff, I admire that. Is that a tooled band on the BP?

dh66 - the Banjo Paterson comes with this stock leather band made from the Baramundi (an Australian fish). At first I was concerned the band would be a bit showy. But it really does add just the right character to the hat. The feather is my own addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto