Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice ones gents. David, case, hatophile, Eric, Alan, Richard, Frank, Stuffsmith, all of you are sporting superb examples of the hatter's art. I'm a bit late to the party but I did wear a hat today.

VS Dove w/variegated black ribbon on a cool, bright San Francisco morning.
dove_zps072e82fa.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Really sharp look, g.durand. The proportions are amazing and the color is perfect with your hair. In fact, I could use me some of that hair! :)

g.durand

One Too Many
Really sharp look, g.durand. The proportions are amazing and the color is perfect with your hair. In fact, I could use me some of that hair! :)

There isn't much under the hat.:p

Richard, thank you. Love the Royal Stetson you posted earlier (yesterday for you by now, still Tuesday here on the left coast). One of my favorites of yours.

So many great hats in the last two days, glad to see some folks enjoying some straw weather (as for myself, I'm about ready to be done with it).
DJH that panama AND those shoes are on time
Stuffsmith I almost didn't recognize you without a cap. That's a great milan and it looks good on you.
FashionFrank just have to let you know that you're always an inspiration to me to take more effort. Great homburg too.
G.Durand I love that color
Alan that straw is all attitude, very unique combination of crown and brim. Ready for a day at the races
Apologies if I've forgotton any, there were so many
Have a great day fellows

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David - love the shoes and fedora combination. Fantastic.

I know you folks may be getting tired of seeing this Royal Stetson, but I'm just enjoying wearing it too much to put something else on my head. I'm sure in a week or so it will be time to wear something else.

View attachment 4212

Water and mountain motif cuff by Tommy Singer. Eagle pendant and eagle feather ring by Erick Begay. In Navajo tradition, there are six directions: north, south, east, west, underground, and the sky. The eagle represents the sky, symbolizing loyalty and integrity. It is a great honor in many Native American cultures to win an eagle feather.
View attachment 4213

If I had a Stetson that nice it would be hard for me to take it off either. That's a great hat and it fits you perfectly. Keep enjoying it

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Hey MONTE, Good to see you're here!

THAT is the hat for today, Sam. Perfect!

StuffSmith that is a well-proportioned lid for you, sir.

g.Durand you simply have all terrific hats!

David BEAUTIFUL semi-calado to top those spectators. I'll meet your Broadstreets, and raise you the McClains. I had admired the Broadstreet since college, but a few years ago, when I finally decided to pull the trigger, that model had been (temporarily) retired; thus, the "updated" McClain.

Wearing an early Burlington Coat Factory purchased Dobbs shantung.
View attachment 4214 View attachment 4215 View attachment 4216

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a couple from the last couple of days that I didn't have a chance to post until now.

Monday afternoon with my girls at the park: Akubra Squatter with trimmed brim
IMG_8057.JPG

Last night, taking the girls out to Smashburger: Worth & Worth Cotton Cap
IMG_8086.JPG

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Casechopper - nice Cuencano.

I love my two Cuenca fedoras. If they get rained on, mangled in any way, I'm not out much money. They may not have the panache of their Montecristi cousins, but they work very well.

Today it's warm enough in Cleveland for me to wear a Panama. But after my morning walk through the yard, I won't get out again until well after dinner, as September through January is always our busiest season at my job, and I spend long hours at work.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Australian Whippet

Wow. The hats today are very styling. For my tastes the hats with spectators are just FINE! I have made a combo screen saver today with a pic of the shoe/hat pics and Alan's new straw. Fine, styling stuff.

Definately not as classy as the posts this morning: My stingy Stetson Whippet rode on top of my head for errands. It is a lid made in Austraiia.

IMG_6067-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
BJ, great work on that Panama, looks good!

dh66, sharp Cap. You rock it!

Richard, I like your dress style, always well dressed, sharp combi today!

Eric, that is a nice hat the stingy Australian!

Perry, nice dressed for the summer days, enjoy the weather!

Sam, very nice, both, hats and caps are made for you!

Charlie, hat and shoes work great together, that is a sharp combination!

Andy, I am not tired, love that fine Stetson on you, careful said, that that hat with this shape and color is one of your best!

David, you and Charlie have the perfect summer dress, shoes and hats are the hammer!

g-durand, elegant, the color combination is excellent!

Keith, sharp look with the Optimo, a nice hat!

Frank, that Homburg looks great on you. Lovely Adam!

Alan, Iam speechless. Great work on this beauty! He needs a lot of head time now!

Richard, you look great. Your Stetson, the suit, perfect!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my Stetson St. Regis Lightweight Conversion in my new office. My company moved to a MUCH brighter building. I have a gorgeous view of Lake Michigan out my window now from the 44th floor. :)

I converted this hat about 2 years ago, and its gone through about 2 other crown and brim shapings/flangings. At one time it had a regular Stetson liner. I then bought a Stetson western for parts and used the Red liner because it looked great against the light blue felt.

Recently I flanged the brim with my "Swing" flange so the rear of the brim has a high flange and the front has a flat snap. I also pounced the felt so it is MUCH lighter in weight. I also decided to make a liner tip patch verses having the entire liner because I figured it would be cooler. Its hot today but this hat is actually very cool.

This is the final product. This hat will stay like this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner