Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FANSCRABULOUS... No, BETTER than that, Mike!! No secret at this point, that's about my favorite era/style of summer straw. It's already beautiful, and now you'll have all winter to "play" TLC with it. Is the braid all together?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Mike, congrats on the new Milan, a nice score! I love my Supernatural.

Richard: Looking very dapper with the bowler. One of the few styles I dare not wear myself.

Eric: hard to go wrong in a VS!

Alan: Super Parabuntal!

Josh: I'm quite envious of your transformative skills!

Perry: sharp look! We still have some straw days left out here on the west coast, SF's summer always hits around September.

Impressive show today guys. Awesome hats AND shoes. 2tone shoes and a good hat are always a recipe for cool.
Josh that conversion looks great.
Stuffsmith and Mike - congrats on the new lids. They are both top shelf

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Good look'n cap Stuff, you're look'n swell in it.

Thanks Charlie, Jared, dh66, and Richard.

Charlie, the hat is solid and in fantastic condition, just dirty from age. A real quality hat. It will need the pug cleaned of some tape residue and light staining, and and the brim ironed a bit from a rough trip. Afterwards, it will be king of my milans.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Portis Tissue Weight today
IMG_8108.JPG

IMG_8107.JPG

viclip

Practically Family
Akubra Bushman in Moonstone Grey

View attachment 4227

I've steamed down the front brim but I think I'll leave the open crown "as is". The tall crown elongates my roundish face.
With a 3-1/4 inch brim, that's about as large a brim for a hat that I'll wear to the office.
As per usual, this Akubra product is a real bargain for the money. I tend to wear them whenever rain is forecast.

One more day for straws around this neck of the woods...

That new-to-you cap is PERFECT for you, Stuffy!! Great proportions, fit.

Mike you are becoming a King of mid-century Milans. Will you attempt the clean up yourself?

Sam, that Portis is simply one of your BEST lids, sir.

viclip your moonstone choice for today is spot on! That color is amazing!

Perry, we're ALL a little blurry, (or fuzzy, maybe) but your Strat still looks very sharp!

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful hats and Caps today, great that you all keep this thread alive with all your great photos. Thanks to all!!
Not enough time to comment everyone individually but you all look really Sharp
with your hat's and Caps!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Clear beaver - wow. The pic does justice to the smooth dense felt of the beaver hat. Thanks for sharing your vintage collection Allan.

Not vintage, but I am heading out in my bluesmoke Executive shortly. The 65'F temps mean I can find some different duds to wear.

IMG_6077-M.jpg

Eric -

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hats, all. Nice to see, some of you still enjoy straw-temperatures :)

Eric: I guess, the colors of your jacket and shirt in combination with the surroundings give new meaning to the expression "spruced up". You're looking great in your sharp Strat! ;)

Alan: Is that a Stetson 7X CB? It sure looks gorgeous! :eusa_clap

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike you are becoming a King of mid-century Milans. Will you attempt the clean up yourself?

Thanks Charlie but nowhere near that title with my modest collection. I'll leave the clean up to my local pro, I've had success sprucing up felt myself but will leave the straw and vintage pug to someone qualified. The milan was a bargain to boot so I'll still end up with a nice deal on it.

Great morning posts as usual fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner