Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow! I took a couple days off and look what I missed! Good morning Gents! All you guys look great!

bowlerman, To answer your earlier question about my Akubra "Black Beast", I still go back and forth on it. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I hate it. Someone has expressed interest in it though and hopefully we might work out a trade. ;)

dh66, Congratulations my friend on your new baby girl! Cherish the moment. They don't stay babies long! It goes by fast. I have grandchildren now and one of them will be driving in a few months! ...am I really that old? Geez!

Che, Nice straw my friend. You always look good!

150719541, Love the mink Stetson!

Alan, The pictures you take are awesome! For anyone who hasn't seen what you do yet I would suggest that they click on the link in your signature...just awesome!

DJH, Love the Stetson.

hatsRme, Love the bow work on that stingy my friend!

Orangegrad, The VS looks great my friend! The beard's coming along nicely too!

hatophile, I love the Playboy! A real classic my friend and one of my very favorites!

For me on this chilly morning from Central Ohio I'm wearing my latest ebay purchase, another Silverbelly 3X Open Road. A real nice hat. The brim is 2 1/2 inches wide. Except now, I have too many Open Roads and all are Silverbelly! Gotta get something different!...no Black Hats though, and no more Silverbellies!

mx16.jpg

View attachment 5076

The ribbon has a little bit of staining. Not much. Since I have too many Open Roads as it is I thought maybe I'd do something different with this hat. I'm thinking of sending this out and having an 1 1/2 wide Brown Ribbon put on it...

View attachment 5077

Put your thumb out, Tom... Sweet one, that Hitchhiker!

You look like Hugh Hefner in that one, Perry. Love it!

A mink Stetson is PERFECT, Coach!

The Anasazi is beautiful, Ograd. Next, the HOPI!

David your Zephyr is amazing, Sir!

Alan, you are so right about that baby smell... and those little feet are delicious!

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
Gotta love the vintage and customs this morning.
I'll add one new cap from Stetson. Made in Germany of lamb skin and is super soft. Matched with a cardigan and a bow tie on this dreary day.

stetsoncap005_zpsb7dfd5d6.jpg

stetsoncap007_zps82d5d071.jpg

I need to learn to get these pics smaller. Any help!

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Gotta love the vintage and customs this morning.
I'll add one new cap from Stetson. Made in Germany of lamb skin and is super soft. Matched with a cardigan and a bow tie on this dreary day.

View attachment 5079

View attachment 5080

I need to learn to get these pics smaller. Any help!

I think your pics will automatically post a bit smaller if you download them directly from your computer instead of downloading them using a URL through something like Image Shack or Photo Bucket...notice my pics above yours. The largest one was downloaded through a URL and the smaller ones I downloaded directly from my computer....and here's your pics downloaded directly from my computer. The "Insert image" gives you the option of either downloading from your computer or from a URL. If you want smaller download from your computer.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Dynamite hat pics. From airlplanes, get-away shots, customs, vintage shots and even the very keen bow tie cap shots all are very entertaining. Keep up the posts.

Special nod: Cheers for the new DAD! DH66 I send you, your wife and family all the best. I tip my hat in your direction that all are getting sleep.

This morning I did not have to be into work early and took time to do yard work. I wore my 40's Stetson Open Road in gray for chores. The felt is very soft and maleable. A big brim for the start of big chores.

IMG_6425-M.jpg

Enjoying Fall, Eric -

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic Friday All !
some great hats & caps sported proudly !

T Jones another shot in Fedora & Leather....as soon as it cools down here im there.

Wish I was at Alans exhibit in So Cal :cool: I saw those pics so for today choose ..........

Fawcett Friday
232323232%7Ffp54363%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3698%3C2%3C28234%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54368%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3698%3C2%3C28334%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp543%3A%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3698%3C2728834%3Bnu0mrj

Thanks so much for all the well wishes guys. Children are indeed a blessing.
DesertDan, the baby's name is Teagan, and Casehopper you're correct - good eye.
Job that leather cap is supreme. I wish I lived in a cooler climate. I'd wear the h*** out of a cap like that. Down here it might get worn a day or two a year - take forever to break it in right. Nice frames too. Shuron?
Seabass that is one seriosly good looking Stetson straw, and an even better looking grandson you've got there.
T.Jones the wide band looks pretty good - gives the hat a whole different vibe.
O.Grad I'm loving the hat & boot combo shot a few pages back. According to my wife, my hat "problem" is exceeded only by my boot "problem". I'm also loving that Anasazi. Ready for NM are we? Be sure to wear that one to Chaco canyon.
150719541 the Stetson mink is superb. Congratulations also for the new grandson!
Apologies to any I've not mentioned - your hats are ALL top shelf, there's just so many.
a5e7ubuz.jpg

9azuty4u.jpg

Rounded up a few late season cherry tomatos in my Empire State earlier this morning. They lasted about 45 seconds after they came in the house

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Took too long to write all that. Beautiful Stetson SBG, immaculate as usual.
Seabass thats a handsome hybrid

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, a great choice for Friday, a sharp hat!

Eric, a stunner your Open Road!

John, a good and sharp looking Cap. I own several Stetson caps too and I love all of these Caps!

TJ, that is a nice Idea with the ribbon and looks good!

Tom, great that VS, you look very sharp!

Perry a Playboy for a Playboy, very very nice!

Andy, ok guys, that is Fawcett Friday I know that. haha A Super hat!

Charlie, you are a great stingy hat wearer, all of them loks good on you!

David, wonderful hat in this Color, also the ribbon color looks perfect for him!

Alan, sharp photos and a great looking Alan!

Enrique, nice Stetson in a special color looks good!

dh66, my best wishes for you, your wife and the baby, congratulation!!!!!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Papa dh66
Thanks, your lookin very cool brim up in that Empire State,

Good Morning Eric, & Manfred

Its a great day for hats All !
che:cool:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon all. Friday has been a glorious day as I have only just arrived at the gym. I took a lunch over to a regional park to go for a walk and eats. The Mississippi River meanders thru our area. The river can be fast and rough or in this section quiet and slow. This particular spot belies the riskiness and activity of this river of 2320 miles. I took a pumpernickel, smoked turkey, tomatoes, swiss and mustad sandwich and enjoyed the respite in my VS Stratoliner inspired fedora. (Dove colored felt.)

IMG_6432-S.jpg
IMG_6431-S.jpg

IMG_6435-S.jpg
IMG_6441-S.jpg

Eric -

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Coach - nice colour

Alan - congratulations on the exhibition!

David - fine looking Stetson

Charlie - nice stingy!

Andy - great ribbon on a fine hat.

Perry - great hat and shirt combo.

Tom - lovely hat and another great background.

TJ - I think it will take a wider ribbon, but how about just a narrow ribbon in that darker colour?

John - nice volume to that cap

Che - that's a really striking piece.

Eric - great looking open road - too nice for chores. Great hat by the river (how many s's) too.

Dh66 - nice hat - I'm amazed you've got time to take photos.

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's offering. Very wet and windy today, so a Christy's Melton wool cap and tweeds:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Excellent choices all!
Congratulations dh 66!
Richard, great shot with the cap!
Taking a cue from hr me today, as I was inspired by his fall color palette. Also a Gary white in fall colors for me, but soooo windy here I had to take it off.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner