Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow - I didn't get to check in during the day and missed a ton of great hats.

Another nice day here in Texas and I'm relaxing on our deck with one of my favorite hats, a grey Borsalino. Lightweight felt so good for these cool mornings and warm afternoons.

smugshot_974010-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice David! Those Borsos are some of the best. Whats the brim on that one? 2 3/4?
I spy Ft. Worth. :p

Thanks, Harv - I agree, a nice vintage Borsalino is hard to beat. I think the brim on this one is about 25/8.

We lucked out with this place to live. When we were here househunting there was nothing available so be had to commit to somewhere else. First day back in New Hampshire, the leasing lady calls and tells us she has one townhouse in our timeframe so we booked it unseen. Happy that we did - the perfect location for us.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
David, really nice Borso. I'm glad you found a place to live. Nice view, natural light for lots of hat photos!!!

Ordinary Guy, what a superb color matchup!

Sam, may I ask about the suede boots? You rock the work boots!!!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I really like that sombrero. Is is soft?
It's a bit stiff but not helmet or cardboard stiff as most westerns nowadays.

If your looking for a high crown the Bobbys proportionally bigger brother the Woomera may be more to your liking.
Last time I check Akubras measures, the Sombrero was the only one that I considered. Maybe I can check the Woomera.

Another nice day here in Texas and I'm relaxing on our deck with one of my favorite hats, a grey Borsalino. Lightweight felt so good for these cool mornings and warm afternoons.
Somehow I do envy you being in Texas. ;)

--------

Today an old friend. This is my second most worn hat before I expanded my... erm... collection. Since my 4X beaver Stetson lost it's shape, I started wearing this because people reported those as being tough as nails.
This Resistol 20X beaver Black Gold.
20150319b.jpg

20150319c.jpg

I think Reese's is trying to take over Portugal. For me they are approved (maybe except the calories this thing have)
20150319.jpg

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Back to the Daquino today for a trip to Nara, posing among other things with the Daibutsu inside the largest wooden building in the world (though only 2/3 the size it was before it burned down and was rebuilt in the 17th Century) at Todaiji.

I've become quite taken with this hat, I must confess.

IMG_2380.jpg IMG_2396.jpg
IMG_2422.jpg IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2441.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Guardian, how do the folks in Japan take to your hat wearing? I visit Tokyo a lot. I see lots of Kangols and knit beanies on the younger folks, but don't remember seeing too many fedoras, Panamas, newsboys or flat caps.

Today, a loose-weave 8/4 from Johnny on this cold day.

35afbc2780a8add807ec62dfd3d5f16d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Guardian, how do the folks in Japan take to your hat wearing? I visit Tokyo a lot. I see lots of Kangols and knit beanies on the younger folks, but don't remember seeing too many fedoras, Panamas, newsboys or flat caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had any locals in Japan approach me to comment (that just isn't a very Japanese thing to do) - just folks at parties and such giving me the occasional compliment. I do see vintage or premium modern fedoras here - not often, but I would say perhaps more often than in the States. And Kyoto, specifically, is chock-a-block with hat shops. Most of them sell mostly cheap stuff, but they exist.

Well, my office isn't nearly as good a background as Enzo's tour of Japan, but I opted for my Stetson Romano I rescued from the Garland outlet back in January.

arM1Rqvm.jpg

It originally came with a brown felt band that matched the color of the hat. I just picked this up from Brim on Fifth, where the young lady gave it the burgundy ribbon treatment.

uWazNXvm.jpg

A happy Spring Equinox to us ALL! Now if the snow would finally disappear...

So to mark this Fawcett Friday First day of Spring, my Light Sage VS. (Also hoping to have a melting effect with all the green tones.)
IMG_5800.jpg IMG_5804.jpg

I want to comment on ALL the lids, guys, but the darned real world keeps tugging, and there's just TOO much to be said. Y'all really are spectacular!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks MMbarnes. The vtg. Strat's were made in a bunch of great colors. Below is a pic of a while ago showing some of the colors. I have added several more Strat's in different varieties (brim sizes, different colors(shades),felt qualities, manufacturing age) and colors since the pic, but the pic still shows how Stetson had some superb color pallets on its hat offerings. Perhaps later this spring I can take a family shot.

i-MqNCmsc-S.jpg

Stay hatted, Eric -
Gorgeous collection, Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters