Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
hatsRme & RJR - the ribbon is on the other side because I took the picture with Photo Booth which takes the pictures backwards. It really is on the other side. And it is photo distortion. It has a 2 1/2 inch brim.

Daniele, the hat was made by the Smith Company of Milwaukee Wisconsin, a company that has been gone a good many years now. All the elements of the hat - stamped sweatband, size of ribbon and the frayed end, the store itself - all point to the 1930's. The hair is not as long as a Borsalino Diamante, but it has become matted a bit over time. It is very soft. Thanks for asking.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks guys. I do let the hats come inside. :eusa_doh:

This weekend is the Minnesota USA-Gymnastics J.O. State Championships. Exciting and long days. Early morning found me wearing my coach costume and a Cordova Cap in the cool dark morning. The athletes are doing well and many are heading to Regional Championships as a result of today. I tell them to mentally prepare for Nationals is in May.

i-SrjqQ4x-S.jpg

Eric -

Wow, what colors are in the Cap? My computer shows something like a black/grey fleck in your picture. Looks like a nice heavy texture. Is that from J. Cordova? I should check that out as I am sure Daniel would LOVE to have a Cap that looks that sharp.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
(repost, fixed photo) 3rd day this week with my Justified (Marshall)...my fedoras are getting a little peeved..
Nice. Hat band looks close to the one on Givens hat but not the same.

Akubra Blue Mountain after a snow initiation, bounces right back.
Looks nice. Is it green? I only have one greenish hat.

Today my 20X Black Gold Resistol again. Such comfortable hat!
On the first picture, the solar eclipse was almost at max amplitude in Portugal. Since I do not own equipment to take pictures of it, no pictures. Facebook is full of them.
20150320.jpg

20150320b.jpg

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Today is the late-model (I'm guessing 80's, maybe early 90's) Stetson Open Road, at Fushimi Inari and the Toji Market (biggest folk market in Japan).

I like the look on this hat, but boy - when comparing it against my vintage fedoras and the Daquino it's amazing how much stiffer the felt is.

rsz_1rsz_img_2462.jpg rsz_1rsz_img_2469.jpg rsz_2rsz_1rsz_img_2459.jpg

triple-d

A-List Customer
Very nice Tommy...........Playboy's are on my bucket list!!! Still haven't got one.................you guys in the northeast have been hammered this winter.....crazy!!!

MaddHatter

New in Town
Nice. Hat band looks close to the one on Givens hat but not the same.
Good eye! The hats worn in the show have a custom (and higher quality) band not available for retail sale.

Another interesting tidbit is the Stetson Marshall that is currently for sale has a 4" brim, when Givens hat is 3.5", or smaller as there are reports that it was cut down a bit.. There are also rumors that the show hat is a custom Stetson Carson in Silverbelly, but I don't think so because Silverbelly is a very light, almost white color and Givens hat looks more tan.

Anyway, I like the bigger brim on the retail hat because I can pull it off at 6'4" lol. Also, anyone looking to buy one of these be prepared to have it reshaped. Out of the box it looks nothing like the show hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g.durand

One Too Many
Playing some catch-up, or keep-up, if you will. Looking good today and all through the last week, gents.

Yesterday, this Stratoliner.
IMG_5460_zpskpy0hapm.jpg

And today, an amazing Borsalino, Alessandria style, courtesy of miamibruno.
IMG_5478_zpsi50hj52y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner