Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddHatter

New in Town
Today an old friend. This is my second most worn hat before I expanded my... erm... collection. Since my 4X beaver Stetson lost it's shape, I started wearing this because people reported those as being tough as nails.
This Resistol 20X beaver Black Gold.
I love this Resistol! I wonder what it would look like flattened out? I'm having a hard time finding anything that comes from the factory with a flattened, turned town brim. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I love this Resistol! I wonder what it would look like flattened out? I'm having a hard time finding anything that comes from the factory with a flattened, turned town brim. Suggestions?

Flat out the brim? I do have another Black Gold with a more flat brim but it doesn't have a cattleman crease. It's the one on my avatar.

3rd day this week with Justified (Marshall)....my fedoras are getting a little peeved...
Nice. You need to rotate the pictures.

MaddHatter

New in Town
(repost, fixed photo) 3rd day this week with my Justified (Marshall)...my fedoras are getting a little peeved..
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1049-1.JPG

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
That's the way it is with new hats, MH. You've got to train them to fit your head right. Several days of wear is Standard Operating Procedure.

tommyK

One Too Many
Wow - I didn't get to check in during the day and missed a ton of great hats.

Another nice day here in Texas and I'm relaxing on our deck with one of my favorite hats, a grey Borsalino. Lightweight felt so good for these cool mornings and warm afternoons.

smugshot_974010-L.jpg

DJH, that is "the classic fedora" in my head when I think of the classic fedora!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Thanks MMbarnes. The vtg. Strat's were made in a bunch of great colors. Below is a pic of a while ago showing some of the colors. I have added several more Strat's in different varieties (brim sizes, different colors(shades),felt qualities, manufacturing age) and colors since the pic, but the pic still shows how Stetson had some superb color pallets on its hat offerings. Perhaps later this spring I can take a family shot.

i-MqNCmsc-S.jpg

Stay hatted, Eric -

I'm hopping a plane to MN to go hunting for that variety of tree. Texas has no trees that produce hats. Damned fine hats at that.

"I'm hopping a plane to MN to go hunting for that variety of tree. Texas has no trees that produce hats. Damned fine hats at that."

The famed "Minnesota Stratbush!" Now, if there was only a "Whippettree!"

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Looks like the Akubras are getting lots of air time this "spring". And I've got to get me one of the Strat Bushes with the pastel blossoms.

hatsRme - Nice spring colors in the VS.

Hanging out in my Stevens 3X Backbow. I also have pics for Daniele of the Smith Long Hair.

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 6.jpg

Photo 7.jpg

Photo 9.jpg

Photo 11.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I'm hopping a plane to MN to go hunting for that variety of tree. Texas has no trees that produce hats. Damned fine hats at that.

Thanks guys. I do let the hats come inside. :eusa_doh:

This weekend is the Minnesota USA-Gymnastics J.O. State Championships. Exciting and long days. Early morning found me wearing my coach costume and a Cordova Cap in the cool dark morning. The athletes are doing well and many are heading to Regional Championships as a result of today. I tell them to mentally prepare for Nationals is in May.

i-SrjqQ4x-S.jpg

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to everyone that commented on Borsalino from yesterday.

As with many of my vintage hats, it was previously owned by a fellow Lounge member. Same with today's hat, a nice Mallory 10

smugshot_9914367-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner