Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
tommyK - Whoa! That Alessandria is too much. I may have to take a run over to 13th Ave on Sunday to check one out. What does the crown measure when open?

javadave61

Practically Family
Enjoying some winter ball... Fed IV

4fc2a20813c2253559c5838186347bdc.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
tommyK - Whoa! That Alessandria is too much. I may have to take a run over to 13th Ave on Sunday to check one out. What does the crown measure when open?

It's a full 6 inches. Brim is 2 5/8. Similar dimensions to my vintage Stratoliner. The vintage Strat is nicer but it's hard to round them up in exactly the color you want when you're a 7 1/2 like me. This'll do in a pinch.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up

rclark

Call Me a Cab
It's a full 6 inches. Brim is 2 5/8. Similar dimensions to my vintage Stratoliner. The vintage Strat is nicer but it's hard to round them up in exactly the color you want when you're a 7 1/2 like me. This'll do in a pinch.

How is the felt quality compared to modern Stetsons?

tommyK

One Too Many
How is the felt quality compared to modern Stetsons?

It's thinner and denser and takes a crease better than the new Stetson's. More like my vintage hats. It is not pounced as well, though. If you could get the Stetson finish and sweatband on a Borsalino felt you'd have something.

Last edited:

89quattro

One of the Regulars

Thanks for the details.
...and I should only be so lucky to wear a 7 1/2. Not going to repeat my size again, too much laughing going on behind the scene every time I do.

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Overcast day in East Italy. Sometimes the sun show its face between the clouds.
More fresh tha yesterday, so a springtime felt hat is on my head
2ed5pgh.jpg

Tirarda French made in the sixties.
11qo8wm.jpg

Today suit and unshaved beard to be in the same color :) of the Tirard
I have get out from the storage the thin felts for the season....hope to have time and weather to wear them.
2qtibz8.jpg

I'm not a big fan of straw hat and the SunBody are usefull only in presence of hot and wind otherwise they are a little bit too heavy.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
ea72e3714bb94ba55efe25e34ca58312.jpg

It was falcon park yesterday. We'll see what today brings. There were some real nice lookers yesterday!

Adding a stylized shot that makes the black cherry look positively purple.

603d94920482b0f07755b2eab984b7a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara