Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids today. I dig the Stetson straw, Bob.
Today I went with an old favorite, my c.60's Silverbelly 3XB Resistol conversion. I just realized how similar it is to my Winchester rabbit in Sand...
e455429189bd5a7227dfb954fe128d98.jpg

No wonder why I like that Beach Bunny so much!:)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids today. I dig the Stetson straw, Bob.
Today I went with an old favorite, my c.60's Silverbelly 3XB Resistol conversion. I just realized how similar it is to my Winchester rabbit in Sand...
e455429189bd5a7227dfb954fe128d98.jpg

No wonder why I like that Beach Bunny so much!:)

Thank you moehawk. Beautiful vintage sillouette. No caps. Lol.

Last edited:
Returning from vacation to a buried desk and a few treats. Trying on my new Mikado - a 1920s hat:

071315_1.jpg

And then there were these three mid-century felts from Daniele:

071315_2.jpg

from left to right, Barbiso, Mossant and Borsalino fu Lazzaro.

Our older daughter became engaged on the spot we've been visiting each summer since she was one.

071315_3.jpg

And I had the wonderful pleasure of sharing lunch and portraits with my friend Charlie.

071315_4.jpg

071315_5.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I love the 47 ... been wanting one

is that the one with the leather sweat or the crushable with the cloth ?

I cannot find the one with the leather sweat anywhere

Thx Moon, its one of my favorite straws. The recent production "Original '47" Panama should have a leather sweat. The fold up/crushable may be "shantung." I kno nothing abt them. I got mine on sale last Aug from Hat Country outta Pa. Dont kno if the current production '47's are coming in w leather or cloth.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon has been hot summer weather in Minnesota, temps high as 86'F and humidity in the 70's. Darn hard weather to enjoy. I had meetings this afternoon and an evening social gathering. I wore a modern VS in a lightweight felt. The silver belly, Art-light beaver fur, VS-Wanderer is a fav of mine. This fedora is gorgeous, but very durable and as such gets lots of wear. I kept a cotton handkerchief in my slacks pocket to mop the leather sweat of sweat. I thought it ironic, but being of better mind did not mention it to the non-hat folks I was keeping company with. This evening I was in the rarified air of several folks who have world championship or olympic medals and many who have been on their National teams and competed internationally. Great folks and stimulating conversation. Challenges are not obstacles to this group of folks.

i-6b47NPW-M.jpg

i-6cHt7cT-M.jpg

i-q3FJP44-M.jpg

Are felt hats cool enough or durable enough for wear in the heat/weather? I say YES.

Best wishes from a now "cool" 73'F Minnesota, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
And I had the wonderful pleasure of sharing lunch and portraits with my friend Charlie.

Glad you had an enjoyable vacation Alan. Me, I would worry if you returned and your desk was empty. Sincere congrats on the potential nuptials. Can I presume you have approved of "slick?" Good enough for your daughter, should be good enough for Dad.

A gathering with Charlie- Congat's fellows. Having lunch with friends who are more like you than different is such a pleasure. ( I for one am not surprised that you fellows pics have you looking more alike than afferent.) Life is wonderful when these special occasions can be enjoyed.

Truly thanks for sharing and welcome back from vacation.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

javadave61

Practically Family
Alan, you're a classy guy in a world of too few classy guys. Thanks for sharing and showing us a peak into your world. Congrats to your daughter, and to you as well, for I'm sure that she makes you terribly proud.

Eric, I'm grateful for our cool mornings and evenings here in PA, as that's when I usually can sport a hat. And I'm far from having a decent collection of straws. So it's nice to continue enjoying felts.

So today, it was the Stetson Royal Deluxe in Stratoliner styled specs. I love this hat.

316179cd9e026c3f847e56b95c06b15e.jpg

e499df5a83f4ffc1069ae150d5fc36fa.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan, you're a classy guy in a world of too few classy guys. Thanks for sharing and showing us a peak into your world. Congrats to your daughter, and to you as well, for I'm sure that she makes you terribly proud.

Eric, I'm grateful for our cool mornings and evenings here in PA, as that's when I usually can sport a hat. And I'm far from having a decent collection of straws. So it's nice to continue enjoying felts.

So today, it was the Stetson Royal Deluxe in Stratoliner styled specs. I love this hat. ]

Felt hats are both stylish and offer protection in the heat. I have really enjoyed your pics of late sir. Sweet look this evening. A hat rack containing some straw fedoras has required more patience and looking than felts for me. I sumise their more delicate nature has much to do with the small availability of vintage quality straws. That of course applies to modern straws who are much less plentiful than felts. Patience and persistence will pay off I believe. Good guys win in the end is something I always quote to me fellow coaches.

Trying to be a good guy, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24