Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Alan!
Strato Vita-felt is wonderful as the Mikado.
Compliments to all the hats seen in these days, most of them are really awesome
Here too much heat to wear felts and my relationship with straw is not so much "intense".
I have to discover some "new taste" for straw during winter for the next summer:confused:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Late 20s Genuine Mikado. I'm having a good time with this recent addition. :)

That is gorgeous Alan

I am eternally searching for a straw that looks remotely like that... Fruitless of course

That thing is stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, Fruno! You're really getting the hang of this. Isn't it very satisfying to spruce up an old hat?

Oh, mercy yes! I had these slated for a different path, but they've responded so well. I've been giddy over this get all weekend. My wife's sick of me going on about it.

Or mabe she's just sick of me period...

EstherWeis

Vendor
081115.jpg

Late 20s Genuine Mikado. I'm having a good time with this recent addition. :)

Wow! That is one stunning hat you've got there Alan!
Love the color ! You can wear it with pretty much everything, right?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Great selection today, as usual!
Alan, your recent addition is awesome.

Esther, I love the orange. I am a fan of the San Francisco Giants baseall club, and orange is their color. As a matter of fact, when I took this screen name many years ago, I had a mohawk haircut in Giants orange. Just curious, who is your supplier in Germany? I'm asking because I was thinking about ordering from a company in Germany called Wolfram Kopka and was wondering if you had any experience with their products.
Anyhoo, it's my re-refurbished Young's tody.
d077261399270f8972c88607734cf75d.jpg

Have a good day, everyone! :)

EstherWeis

Vendor
Great selection today, as usual!
Alan, your recent addition is awesome.

Esther, I love the orange. I am a fan of the San Francisco Giants baseall club, and orange is their color. As a matter of fact, when I took this screen name many years ago, I had a mohawk haircut in Giants orange. Just curious, who is your supplier in Germany? I'm asking because I was thinking about ordering from a company in Germany called Wolfram Kopka and was wondering if you had any experience with their products.
Anyhoo, it's my re-refurbished Young's tody.
d077261399270f8972c88607734cf75d.jpg

Have a good day, everyone! :)

I ineed buy at kopka.
They have some great materials for sure. Good service and very friendly.
I don't know how the shipping is to the usa, but i basically go there 2 a year, buy a ton and order if i need to. They ship the next day if i ask them to.
The only sad thing is that they don't have good samples.
The ribbon is also quite good, cotton/polyester blend but works like a dream.
The reason i went there is because they have beaver,cashmere, vintage qualities etc. but sadly those are not on the website. (See, ****ty samples)
They know where the product comes from, they know the qualities etc.
The prices are also quite reasonable, compared to a supplier here in Antwerp.
I love just walking in their warehouse ( they let me, i consider myself lucky, normally they don't allow it)
What are you thinking of ordering, i've got some special sample bits lying around that are not on the website ...
Keep in mind they are German, their emails can be a bit short or blunt but in the end they are quite nice

87eb9e8e54c379bc33e9a58327c3951b.jpg

Some samples of the mens capelines

88cf58501ecc3faa2239ac15596dacf8.jpg

Thats in a part of the warehouse, it's like our kind of heaven!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Moehawk,,, you like orange then you might like my dusty peach panama...

swuxs1.jpg

Alan, another stunner, I don't know how or where you find them.... but first class for sure....

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
O. G., I do like that one.:)
Esther, thank you for the information about Kopka. I emailed the company a few months ago, as I was unable to access the download page with price lists, and a very friendly representative emailed me back price lists for felts and straws. Only problem is that I'm not sure how to order, if the ordering page is part of the site that I can't access. I was interested mostly in the overall quality of their products, and especially the "tissue felt", if it is thin and lightweight for summer hats and also was curious about the vintage hat bodies mentioned but not shown or described. I also was curious if they make the felt or where it comes from if they don't make it. Thanks again for any info you have.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I have been hanging out at our boat house the past hour in my vtg. Lee Cameo. The vtg. Lee line of the 1940-50's was a dynamite value in fedoras as I have experienced. The Lee Cameo I am wearing tonight has a mushroom-brown colored felt with an intriguing green hued ribbon. As a whole the hat becomes wearable with a variety of attire I may choose. It is a versatile color felt and ribbon. The designers did an excellent job in selecting the component parts of this fedora. A 2.5" brim and a "higher" crown make it very appealing to pick off the hat rack and wear.

i-jr66KdH-M.jpg

i-2DXdFLx-M.jpg

i-trBD5Cn-M.jpg

Best this evening to all, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24