Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyK

One Too Many
2b28ebb681203901d452d1eb3561f8d3.jpg

Big WOW, Harv. A 3X is always sweet, a wide ribbon even better, and a shark gill to boot! Love everything about this hat!

I find these light grey hats with the black ribbon go well with all sorts of colors, clothing wise, not just greys and blacks.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Wearing my newly converted Resistol 3X Beaver "Top Rail". A few weeks ago, I wore it in it's original Western form in a light rain that turned into a downpour. The hat got soaked through, and started dripping brown dye. Since it was already soaked, I threw it in a sink of lukewarm water to leach out the extra dye. I couldn't believe how much dye was left in the felt! It looked like I threw a dye packet in instead of a hat. It was strong enough to stain my hands for a day. Added some citric acid to hopefully set the dye, rinsed well, no more leakage. Reblocked it, then it sat around till last night when I got bored.

9af22d51357d5574c2fc61a87c90be9c.jpg
e8582974e082f4b750466b56b669bb67.jpg
b70da067a968dc74ab811bfb17b59618.jpg
6e370cbd1d51bc92030dfcd8b3b6442a.jpg
5a0b4c9fe29d2a0e2e04298f395bda6c.jpg

Crown is now 6" open, down from about 6 1/2". I was surprised at how much the felt had shrunk when I was reblocking it, especially since I have hot water dyed (130-140 degrees F) fur felt before with much less shrinkage. Brim is now 2 5/8", cut down from 3 1/4"
I am thinking about binding the brim, but not quite sold on it yet. Regardless, it will get a lot more head time now.
Have a great day!

So many great hats today, as always. Back to the Stetson 25 today. I love this hat. This pic got me to thinking about Harv's comments on his Dickies shirts, which I'm a big fan of by the way. I can"t remember ever posting a photo wearing any shirt other than a pearl snap western shirt, most in various shades of blue with the occasional white one or plaid Pendleton. I was leaving the house this morning and the missus said that I looked nice. I responded with a thank you and said something to the effect that it's just a different shade of the same uniform. Just like Fruno's signature line says.
CIMG1142.JPG
CIMG1154.JPG

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Wearing my newly converted Resistol 3X Beaver "Top Rail". A few weeks ago, I wore it in it's original Western form in a light rain that turned into a downpour. The hat got soaked through, and started dripping brown dye. Since it was already soaked, I threw it in a sink of lukewarm water to leach out the extra dye. I couldn't believe how much dye was left in the felt! It looked like I threw a dye packet in instead of a hat. It was strong enough to stain my hands for a day. Added some citric acid to hopefully set the dye, rinsed well, no more leakage. Reblocked it, then it sat around till last night when I got bored.

9af22d51357d5574c2fc61a87c90be9c.jpg
e8582974e082f4b750466b56b669bb67.jpg
b70da067a968dc74ab811bfb17b59618.jpg
6e370cbd1d51bc92030dfcd8b3b6442a.jpg
5a0b4c9fe29d2a0e2e04298f395bda6c.jpg

Crown is now 6" open, down from about 6 1/2". I was surprised at how much the felt had shrunk when I was reblocking it, especially since I have hot water dyed (130-140 degrees F) fur felt before with much less shrinkage. Brim is now 2 5/8", cut down from 3 1/4"
I am thinking about binding the brim, but not quite sold on it yet. Regardless, it will get a lot more head time now.
Have a great day!
That is a beautiful job! Looks marvelous.

Hey everyone!

Have a great day!

Great looking work, Moe. Nice color!

So many great hats today, as always. Back to the Stetson 25 today. I love this hat. This pic got me to thinking about Harv's comments on his Dickies shirts, which I'm a big fan of by the way. I can"t remember ever posting a photo wearing any shirt other than a pearl snap western shirt, most in various shades of blue with the occasional white one or plaid Pendleton. I was leaving the house this morning and the missus said that I looked nice. I responded with a thank you and said something to the effect that it's just a different shade of the same uniform. Just like Fruno's signature line says.
]

Excellent crease. Great hat. Nice uniform. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR