Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sergejvandervreede

Your wife, fantastic! :)

Haahaaaa, now you got the same nice "all around-the-world-available-slimfit-jeansjacket", like me! :D And further, it looks like the same colour! "Dark stone"-colouring?

What did you pay for it?? I hope, not too much! Mine is from storebrand, 49,99 Euro.

Mm25

One Too Many
Outside starting yard work this early morning. Not getting very far as I need to start up a chainsaw to cut fallen limbs. I should not start the noisy machine for a couple of hours. Can you imagine folks are still sleeping on a sunny 38'F morning!

Vtg. Adam Premier Executive gilled fedora is my "chore " hat.

i-ZqQrrS4-M.jpg

i-VjZpLbQ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
I wish my good hats were as nice as your chore hats!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Outside starting yard work this early morning. Not getting very far as I need to start up a chainsaw to cut fallen limbs. I should not start the noisy machine for a couple of hours. Can you imagine folks are still sleeping on a sunny 38'F morning!

Vtg. Adam Premier Executive gilled fedora is my "chore " hat.

i-ZqQrrS4-M.jpg

i-VjZpLbQ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Love those " gilled" bands , nice work hat . All the Best , Fashion Frank

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
@sergejvandervreede

Your wife, fantastic! :)

Haahaaaa, now you got the same nice "all around-the-world-available-slimfit-jeansjacket", like me! :D And further, it looks like the same colour! "Dark stone"-colouring?

What did you pay for it?? I hope, not too much! Mine is from storebrand, 49,99 Euro.

She is isn't she?

Haha, mine is from Japan. It's by TCB. Slightly more expensive I'm afraid.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Another great bunch of hats this weekend on all of you. Spring has sprung or something like that. 18c today.

Simone
42efb34d05cb0812a41935f2ec7eb93f.jpg
dc0444cdc442ab4359aa451714d14589.jpg

Yours truly
a039204bec21911d47c10363398308d7.jpg

Both hats by Esther [emoji4]

you both look great ... really nice color on your wifes hat

and Serg ... that hat is just smashing bro ... everything about it ... and the way you wear it could not be more on point

always love seeing that one

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Serge, you guys are a super stylish couple.

I had to make an airport run this morning and wore this blue Borsalino, a Trionfo from the Simeon Zlateff inventory that was discovered in Sofia, at the end of the Second World War

Previously owned by missing in action lounger zetwal (what a hat collection he has!)

c2a88e98fea77d2a6b7810bce8927292.jpg

6b37ea650558bf88a681deaac4d9fd56.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Dlaniger... As Napoleon Dynamite might say: LUCKY!!!! It looks like some of the best fun ever.

I really enjoyed all of the discussion about the Cattleman's crease. I need to get myself a nice old Open Road so I can goof around with that. My collection is devoid of thin ribboned hats. I should remedy that. (HAT MONKEY, I CURSE THEE! ;-). They really are beautiful hats.

It's in the high forties this morning and windy, so I am taking the opportunity to wear one of my favorite long coats. Might be the last time I get to do that for a while.

I am under the Crofut & Knapp homburg sold through the Finchley Establishment in Chicago back in the fifties. This is one of my favorite hats ever.

71424574e50df070502e6c4c7c167337.jpg
4fa5dce7eda02730741385a9753da57b.jpg
f0e67aa7eec5d21ec167e25ca4164c4c.jpg
5723c77ddbf74a978b6898deb267d5db.jpg
d5fb653d7ad070db63da62d9cfddd50f.jpg
ebdfa02a5162e839b07d924c37297ed7.jpg

Before I sat down to post, I was thinking about how much I look forward to seeing you all every day and how much of a hoot it would be to get to meet in person. What a blast that would be.

I hope that each of you has a great and restorative wrap up to the weekend. Thanks so much all of the fun and fellowship.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Dlaniger... As Napoleon Dynamite might say: LUCKY!!!! It looks like some of the best fun ever.

I really enjoyed all of the discussion about the Cattleman's crease. I need to get myself a nice old Open Road so I can goof around with that. My collection is devoid of thin ribboned hats. I should remedy that. (HAT MONKEY, I CURSE THEE! ;-). They really are beautiful hats.

It's in the high forties this morning and windy, so I am taking the opportunity to wear one of my favorite long coats. Might be the last time I get to do that for a while.

I am under the Crofut & Knapp homburg sold through the Finchley Establishment in Chicago back in the fifties. This is one of my favorite hats ever.

71424574e50df070502e6c4c7c167337.jpg
4fa5dce7eda02730741385a9753da57b.jpg
f0e67aa7eec5d21ec167e25ca4164c4c.jpg
5723c77ddbf74a978b6898deb267d5db.jpg
d5fb653d7ad070db63da62d9cfddd50f.jpg
ebdfa02a5162e839b07d924c37297ed7.jpg

Before I sat down to post, I was thinking about how much I look forward to seeing you all every day and how much of a hoot it would be to get to meet in person. What a blast that would be.

I hope that each of you has a great and restorative wrap up to the weekend. Thanks so much all of the fun and fellowship.
If the village idiots can have a convention, why can't we...?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Serge, you guys are a super stylish couple.

I had to make an airport run this morning and wore this blue Borsalino, a Trionfo from the Simeon Zlateff inventory that was discovered in Sofia, at the end of the Second World War

Previously owned by missing in action lounger zetwal (what a hat collection he has!)

c2a88e98fea77d2a6b7810bce8927292.jpg

6b37ea650558bf88a681deaac4d9fd56.jpg
WOW! WOW WOW. WOW WOW WOW WOW. AND WOW!

Another great bunch of hats this weekend on all of you. Spring has sprung or something like that. 18c today.

Both hats by Esther [emoji4]

I second Anthony - that's a great hat. And Simone's gives a new definition to "Big Blue!"

Bit my lip and pulled out the CC! Hat selection TBA...

I knew it!

That C&K is the Bomb, Matt. Nobody rocks a Hommie like you. And I'm with you - getting together with you guys would be a special treat. It was a true pleasure to meet David in FTW in January. I'd love to meet all of you.

Well, not that one guy - you know who I mean. :rolleyes:

They got the hall first, Bob.

I'll see what I can do, seeing as how I'm a member in good standing.

Sunny and chilly in SW Ohio this AM. High winds last night means I get to play 52 yard pickup this afternoon.

But first, out and about in an Akubra - Fedora, that is.

Picture13.jpg
Picture11.jpg
Picture12.jpg

I hope everybody has a stupendous Sunday.

I agree. PLUS you can do slight variations of a "severe" cattleman and leave the west behind so to speak. No tight pinches. Simple broad center dent only with very little or no rake. Don't go near any type of tear drop. Long pinches not too high on the crown. Your brim flange can either detract or enhance what your trying to put across. It will either scream rural western or suggest western CITY. Think of Carson City banker versus a rodeo cowboy and you'll get to where you wanna be. Got a Camp Draft coming from Sam at EA and I'm gonna consider a cattleman's crease.
Bob's right on. For a Cattleman crease to look less western it needs to be nice & wide, & stay away from tapered crowns. Pinches need to be clean & narrow; no big elephant ear pinches. Think dress hat, I like the example of the Carson City banker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo