Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thanks Esther !!! Last trip was kind of crazy, next time will find some time to drop by Flanders, one of Europe's nicest spots !! Antwerp, Ieper, Ghent and Bruges, lovely places and goon beer !!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Rodolfo the Flemish towns are beautiful and the beer the best in Europe!

Rodolfo, you've done your homework. All of those you mentioned are well worth the visit.
If you do don't hesitate to contact me, I'll make sure you get to all the good non touristy stuff.

I forget how lucky I am. We do have very beautiful medieval towns.

And the beer...

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I would be too. When you got to have that one specific color you must have it. I dont remember seeing your Robbins Egg blue. At your convience would u mind a pic?

For sure brother

I had a matching playboy that Chuck the DOGMAN now owns
ec351ff3bd6101ace21edd33b0725a93.jpg

4d440432d12f1323066c98310a287b74.jpg

3ea86cc2621adbd17df4a75d0b9ef907.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hi Charlie... definitely original. The fixed wind cord button had brief fling at Stetson around 1940. This Imperial Stetson (3x Beaver Quality) is an example. The looped string uses a button on the coat rather than a buttonhole.

imperial10.jpg
Interesting. My Flagship has that same fixed wind cord. I thought somebody had re-attatched it incorrectly sometime during the course of it's life. I had read in the Flagship thread that the model started in '46... Iwonder what's the story here?

I like very much the sage color.....all three are astounding and very well shooted.
The rendition of the color is good....I have a curiosity about the Steson Bantam
Do you know when Stetson made the patent of Bantam type?
I have a whole afternoon at home looking to some historical books about Italians hats producers
Cappellificio Cervo has a very famous bantam hat in production

the hat for Italian Alps troops and they seems had introduced the civil hat around 1934-35
So if you have more information about that name let me know. Thanks

Hi Daniele,

Nice information. The trademark registration for the Stetson Bantam shows a first use in trade of 1934. My example is c.1950.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Rodolfo, you've done your homework. All of those you mentioned are well worth the visit.
If you do don't hesitate to contact me, I'll make sure you get to all the good non touristy stuff.

I forget how lucky I am. We do have very beautiful medieval towns.

And the beer...
Gorgeous place, and yes Id rather go where the locals go and do what they do !!!

Thanks Esther, will do !!

Interesting. My Flagship has that same fixed wind cord. I thought somebody had re-attatched it incorrectly sometime during the course of it's life. I had read in the Flagship thread that the model started in '46... Iwonder what's the story here?

The examples I have are all pre-war (I think) but it certainly could have been used after as well. (The Templeform is an OPS era hat). This Stetson Aristocrat is also c.1940.

aristocrat7.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
it is much more blue in person ... for some reason it photographs almost gray ..... ???

the under brim photo is more true
I know,
I have a very similar color felt I'm working on that has the same problem.

Gorgeous place, and yes Id rather go where the locals go and do what they do !!!

Thanks Esther, will do !!

Good man, always best to go off the beaten path.

If you're lucky I'll even whip up the real Belgian beef stew. Not the bad version they serve in restaurants.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I know,
I have a very similar color felt I'm working on that has the same problem.

Good man, always best to go off the beaten path.

If you're lucky I'll even whip up the real Belgian beef stew. Not the bad version they serve in restaurants.
Now I am thirsty and hungry !!!

All the best Esther !#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21