Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuki

One of the Regulars
And the hat I wore today, a printed fur felt cloche. Simple, no trimming but doesn't really need it!
cloche.jpg cloche2.jpg

Every time I see that hat, it looks even better.
Those colors are just extraordinary and go great with your beard.

Weird? What weird?

See my beard?
Ain't it weird?
Don't be skeered!
It's just a beard!
- G. Carlin

Thanks, yes, dark blue with a raw brim.

Perfectly proportioned, Alan. Thanks for dropping by and classing up the joint. Things got out of hand here early and just kept spiraling out...

Hi everyone, great hats today, and the bowls blew me away too!

Esther I didn't realize at first that you had done a sort of "marqueterie"on the top of the crown. Well done!

Thanks for teaching me a new word!

Esther, I think you could wear a banana on your head and you'd still look awesome... not sure I can say the same about the bowled guys... ;-)

Never before did I realize I had the power to reach into Europe and get people to put bowls on their heads. It's...intoxicating!

TONAK (Formely Hückel) Zephyr Seal Velour probably late 1940s early 1950s. Made for the American market and very difficult to photograph!

31624956432_7d805edfe7_c.jpg

Dude, that crease! Wonderful, Steve!

...whose fault is that? ;)

BiggerDon, obviously.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
That is some bad-ass hat and the attitude to go with it... I often think that wearing a hat successfully has a lot to do with how confident you feel and a "here I come like it or not" attitude.

Thank you, Kuki, that's how I feel about it, too. I'm thinking you may not know the story behind this hat. Our good FL friend "Chamuco" has a hat like this. Mine is a copy, simply a clone, of his hat... his name is Rodolfo, so I always refer to this hat as "The Rodolfo" (perhaps "El Rodolfo" is more appropriate) in tribute to his vision, design and collaboration with the hatter, Michael Gannon.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Nice. Is that a smirk?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I believe it is. Thanks :)
Nice, what colour is it? Looks kind of very dark charcoal-grey-blue-greenish on my screen. Putting that flower wall there was the right decision :)
It's denim blue velour with purple/lilac ribbon.
And thank you. I love that wall.

We have SMIRK, here folks! I know from smirks, and this is the start. Time to pass the torch... ;):p
I learned from the best ;)
Been a while since we've seen that one.
Ms. Lilac today
Smirk? Who's your teacher? ;)
After 1,5 years here I think I picked it up along the way...
Old man winter, I laugh at you.

Stetson No 1 Quality

56d6ff491e301efe17c2baed9b6c340a.jpg

78cc09fd73494fd25b3a42083508b7f8.jpg
You crazy???

Coat;
noun:
an outer garment with sleeves, covering at least the upper part of the body:

Nice hat though!

Somehow, I missed my Esther-fix yesterday. I feel better now. You look lovely and that hat...always a joy.
Thank you. :)

Haha!
You got me there, Sergej!
Well, tomorrow, no t shirt. Or socks. (Sorry Esther [emoji14] )
Good call. Thank you for setting me straight. ;)
Don't come asking for a cough drop! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails