Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with a traditional holiday theme. Kind of a festive fez look.
View attachment 63167
The photo placement from the Goats in Trees calendar behind me is what some people would call serendipitous. I prefer to think of it as a Christmas miracle.

It's at moments like this that I remind myself that whatever I post on the Internet will be out there forever. Could affect future career moves, etc...

Google yourself in a couple of days, it will be in the images section!

A Bohemian discovered by Steve and kindly shared in my direction. You can see the little felt heart tucked into the self ribbon terminus. At about 50mm, some might call this a stingy brim. Call me a scrooge, but I like the slim proportions.

122016_1.jpg

122016_2.jpg
I would wear this slim brim any day of the week. Once you go stingy, you can never go back.

Oh. My. God. Y'all are killin' me! I haven't laughed this hard at a thread in...EVER! I go out for a bit, check back and it got reeally weird.

Had to go to the bank and points south. Left the T&J bowl at home and grabbed the Dalton "Waverly."

a9f6e84fbbf5d7d0ede7e2a8b532b9f9.jpg

You sure that isn't "colander?"

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Absolutely love that color! I think this is a better choice than Tupperware.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
What special quality does the Rosellini have. It looks good from here, beautiful hat!
Thanks Red. This one was made in Canada before Biltmore closed their long time Canadian factory and moved to Texas. Don't know if they were bought out or same owners retained possession of the name. The "Rosellini" was supposed to be the top of their line hat. Finely pounced/softest finished, nicely tacked hat. See the thread called "Top quality Biltmore" for more info.

A quick switch to this Borsalino Velour crushable stingy as I prepare to go see the new Star Wars movie with my brother...I figure it's a little more courteous to the other moviegoers than a Game Bird or an OR...:D
I saw it last Thursday night with my hat sitting on my lap through the whole movie. Damn thing ate half my popcorn.

Celia

A-List Customer
Super hat parade again today. I braved the elements and the sun came out for a minute. I really wanted to wear my Black Cherry Gannon, aka The Rodolfo, so I did! It really is a lovely hat.

i-Kv3bZt6-L.jpg

i-3XqM4Bv-L.jpg

i-JrXCwGq-L.jpg
Silvermist Gannon.

96faf516bce38d1a87cad768903ee6d1.jpg
20696fd4dc1906a39797b4e2fc880875.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I really like the bows on these Gannon hats, now I need to go check out the Gannon thread for more! And the colours... Beautiful!

Celia

A-List Customer
TONAK (Formely Hückel) Zephyr Seal Velour probably late 1940s early 1950s. Made for the American market and very difficult to photograph!

31624956432_7d805edfe7_c.jpg

31624936212_a34362b2fc_c.jpg

30930594484_8e0b8ebb18_c.jpg

31625069832_d8e926a13b_c.jpg

31399596760_93e57a176d_c.jpg

Hückel Seal Velour Display (1930s)

That velour... So beautiful, what a hat! I would love to find one like that in my size one day. Every day you amaze me again with your hat collection, it's an endless source of joy.

Celia

A-List Customer
Akubra Fed IV tonight.

e7959865b5be109c99f8d9fe901d328d.jpg
And looking damn fine in it too :)

my new Optimo Chicago model in teal. Such a lovely hat.
View attachment 63203 View attachment 63204
I 've got to echo everyone else's sentiments: great colour!

A quick switch to this Borsalino Velour crushable stingy as I prepare to go see the new Star Wars movie with my brother.

21c121e2eb513cb111bec10fb5090067.jpg

I figure it's a little more courteous to the other moviegoers than a Game Bird or an OR...:D

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
But imagine how much better it would be with a game bird stuck to it, aren't you tempted? :D Hope you enjoyed the film!

Celia

A-List Customer
You need to reinforce this behavior in Homburg wearing by smiling at these stylish gentlemen in a approving fashion!
Haha, I did of course! They were probably wondering why some crazy woman was grinning at them :) Or they will turn up here in the "How do People React to your Hat Wearing" thread saying it makes women smile at them.

This is a beautiful hat, the rich black is so wonderful. The size tag is also very interesting.
Thank you! The size tag is a carry over from JHS. This hat is from right after nationalization.

That velour... So beautiful, what a hat! I would love to find one like that in my size one day. Every day you amaze me again with your hat collection, it's an endless source of joy.
Thanks again! If you have a smaller head size 56cm or smaller you have a better chance of finding one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn