Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

40Cal

One Too Many
Good morning. Overcast with a storm advisory hanging over my head for the afternoon, I am out and about in my vtg. Stetson Sovereign Twenty. I have to get outside chores done now as the wet snow will be immediately followed by the effects of a polar vortex. Lovely green felt.

i-N297ZCK-M.jpg

i-25cHfCf-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
That is Gorgeous, Eric! What a color! Does the ribbon have a slight violet cast to it?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That is Gorgeous, Eric! What a color! Does the ribbon have a slight violet cast to it?
Violet shade - Yes it does. I have a couple of vtg. hats from this era and the ribbons have faded and have the gorgeous violet undertones. They were different colors as told by peering under the tacked down ribbon and seeing the original ribbon. I prefer this color to the original.

Apologies to folks as my pics do not really show colors well in this outside weather. Exposures and contrasts just do not showcase true colors. Danielle's recent pics are spot on! I will have to take a lesson.;)

Eric -

Good morning. Overcast with a storm advisory hanging over my head for the afternoon, I am out and about in my vtg. Stetson Sovereign Twenty. I have to get outside chores done now as the wet snow will be immediately followed by the effects of a polar vortex. Lovely green felt.

i-N297ZCK-M.jpg

i-25cHfCf-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
That second detail shot really shows the great color of this Stetson. Very impressive!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Danielle's recent pics are spot on! I will have to take a lesson.;)
Eric try to take photos in different places.
In full sun, when it is present, then in perfect shade and, if the sky is overcast the color will be perfect.
You can vary it by choosing to be more or less close to surfaces that transmit a bit of light.
Commercial photography was my daily job and fun for thirtyfive years :rolleyes:

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
New year, new hat. Cold and sun!
2eumzur.jpg

Barbisio Titan in medium burnt brown hair
j8lhzc.jpg

Felt of excellent quality and superb finishes for a Barbisio hat historical production
velufc.jpg

I was lucky and it came new together with some great brothers
2my13dx.jpg

Like all finished felts with medium and long hair the color changes depending on the position of the sun
2w7mnt1.jpg

Good first Monday, 2017 to all

And as always, thanks for your kindness in evaluating the long haired green Guerra 1855
Love that rich chocolate shade....that hat has superb written all over it.

And this comes from a guy that thinks 2 5/8's brim is the shortest acceptable size !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn