Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Esther, stunning.

Whiskey derby by Buckaroo Hatters:

65be58fa5ce3b3e6a378819838bc5517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Ha, I tend to plan mine, then change my mind in the morning anyway :) Is that you in your profile picture?

I knew so little about American hats before coming to this forum. Those Disneys really are beauties...

How nice! Does your daughter make other accessories/clothes for you too?

Yep, just what's needed in the weather we're having here. Winter's well and truly arrived!

Very happy to hear you're starting to feel better! And another great outfit :)

Another beauty, perfectly proportioned.

Do I spot people wearing short sleeves in the background?! And is that a tiny kangaroo on your hat?
Sure is! Few years back.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
2ib0ppl.jpg

This is the first week of birthdays in January
The grandmother of my children Donatella, mother of Monica, came at age 78, and Davide, my son was born 22 years ago. Sunny and clear day like today, in 1995, much colder.
We celebrated with the menu chosen by our daughter Ginevra, a university student of Japanese in Venezia, offered us food from the distant East. White wine Lugana and pastries are strictly Italian:rolleyes:
The occasion of a day of celebration and less cold in recent weeks suggested I wear a French hat
xftrb.jpg

A. France "foulard" homburg in medium brown
ml1ruo.jpg

Homburg generously proportioned and of imposing appearance
33uberr.jpg

Felt is very thin and is without lining
2a5cfpu.jpg

It is probably from the late forties
2sb8h7a.jpg

I want to thank you for the kind words and appreciation of these days
Buon Sabato

2ib0ppl.jpg

The grandmother of my children Donatella, mother of Monica, came at age 78, and Davide, my son was born 22 years ago. Sunny and clear day like today, in 1995, much colder.
We celebrated with the menu chosen by our daughter Ginevra, a university student of Japanese in Venezia, offered us food from the distant East. White wine Lugana and pastries are strictly Italian:rolleyes:
The occasion of a day of celebration and less cold in recent weeks suggested I wear a French hat
xftrb.jpg

ml1ruo.jpg

33uberr.jpg

2a5cfpu.jpg

2sb8h7a.jpg

Buon Sabato
Enjoy the celebration time Daniele! Imposing is right, the crown on the Homburg is large and in charge! Very nice color and the brim curl is perfect!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
2ib0ppl.jpg

xftrb.jpg

ml1ruo.jpg

33uberr.jpg

2a5cfpu.jpg

2sb8h7a.jpg

Buon Sabato
Marvelous hat! "Imposing" is a great descriptor. Beautiful.

I gotta start blowing my money on vintage European homburgs. The diversity starting from the basic form is represented so much better than it seems to be here in the US.

Thanks for all of your homburgering and congratulations to all of the birthday folks.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
How dee.

Heading out under a '50s Royal Stetson DeLuxe homburg.

View attachment 64924 View attachment 64925 View attachment 64926 View attachment 64927 View attachment 64928 View attachment 64929 View attachment 64930

Laughter at the expense of one of the most challenging years in my (and many other folks I know) life came in the mail yesterday. I is happy... View attachment 64931
Finally... In celebration of Thursday, a photo of myself in my true form... View attachment 64932

Hope that you each have great fun today.
You must be King Hommie. There should be a ceremony and everything. I still don't feel as comfortable wearing my Homburg, but I's sure as heck have lot easier time in that one! Incredible colors, incredible hat! PS: I didn't know you had shape shifter powers, too! You're a wizard!

Celia

A-List Customer
2ib0ppl.jpg

xftrb.jpg

ml1ruo.jpg

33uberr.jpg

2a5cfpu.jpg

2sb8h7a.jpg

Buon Sabato
Happy birthday to your mother in law and to your son - he looks a lot like you, but needs a slightly smaller sized hat maybe ;) Enjoy the celebrations & family time! Another beautiful homburg as well...

I will be wearing my Stetson Premier Stratoliner this afternoon when my wife and I go antiqueing.....
I just finished creasing the crown and working the brim this past week.......unlike my other Premier Strat, the brim did not have the usual kettle flange.....it really had no shape at all.....so I did some flat work and gave it a slight raise around with a bit more in the back. Very slight snap brim which gives it the look of one of the 50's 60's "Hunt Club" hats.
Cheers,
M
PS: the Strat pin is an original I picked up......
1484413538975-358962472.jpg
14844135715511068941036.jpg

I will be wearing my Stetson Premier Stratoliner this afternoon when my wife and I go antiqueing.....
I just finished creasing the crown and working the brim this past week.......unlike my other Premier Strat, the brim did not have the usual kettle flange.....it really had no shape at all.....so I did some flat work and gave it a slight raise around with a bit more in the back. Very slight snap brim which gives it the look of one of the 50's 60's "Hunt Club" hats.
Cheers,
M
PS: the Strat pin is an original I picked up......
View attachment 65164 View attachment 65165
Spectacular!! I need to find an original Strat Pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner