Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miket5r

A-List Customer
Today with my Akubra Coober Pedy
g7aFnYYrOg842HwT3RO1CLuohXD-z8ZYXKL6yL3_FQGbxAQCNf97_731-gY9jC_6Wzkk1OfSRPhuFV4=w1280-h800-no

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Today, I am test driving a hat that I bought several years ago but have had in a box for that time for reasons I will likely detail in the Homburg Nation thread.

The felt on this (what I believe to be a '40s creation) exceeds the quality of my similar vintage Vita-Felts. I have no idea which maker Julius Garfinckel & Co. contracted for their store branded hats, but whoever it was... they did one hell of a job.

Garfinkel's was a high-end department store in DC. I remember it being quite the place, even when I grew up in the area in the '80s. For a long time, it was the parent company of Brooks Brothers. And Mr. Garfinkel, was a much admired, largely solitary but very kind-hearted man. He died in 1936 and the store collapsed into bankruptcy in 1990. A link about the store and another about Mr. Garfinkel are at the end of my post.

$12.50 Julius Garfinckel & Co. homburg: View attachment 65149
Happy Saturday!

Another great Homburg Matt!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
2ib0ppl.jpg

This is the first week of birthdays in January
The grandmother of my children Donatella, mother of Monica, came at age 78, and Davide, my son was born 22 years ago. Sunny and clear day like today, in 1995, much colder.
We celebrated with the menu chosen by our daughter Ginevra, a university student of Japanese in Venezia, offered us food from the distant East. White wine Lugana and pastries are strictly Italian:rolleyes:
The occasion of a day of celebration and less cold in recent weeks suggested I wear a French hat

A. France "foulard" homburg in medium brown
ml1ruo.jpg

Homburg generously proportioned and of imposing appearance

I want to thank you for the kind words and appreciation of these days
Buon Sabato

Sounds like you're having a great time with your family. Enjoy, Daniele!

Indeed an imposing hat. Very beautiful!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
2ib0ppl.jpg

This is the first week of birthdays in January
The grandmother of my children Donatella, mother of Monica, came at age 78, and Davide, my son was born 22 years ago. Sunny and clear day like today, in 1995, much colder.
We celebrated with the menu chosen by our daughter Ginevra, a university student of Japanese in Venezia, offered us food from the distant East. White wine Lugana and pastries are strictly Italian:rolleyes:
The occasion of a day of celebration and less cold in recent weeks suggested I wear a French hat
xftrb.jpg

A. France "foulard" homburg in medium brown
ml1ruo.jpg

Homburg generously proportioned and of imposing appearance
33uberr.jpg

Felt is very thin and is without lining
2a5cfpu.jpg

It is probably from the late forties
2sb8h7a.jpg

I want to thank you for the kind words and appreciation of these days
Buon Sabato
Happy Birthday to all La Famiglia!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Between illness, snow days and spotty internet service I've not been able to keep up!

So many great lids posted by so many great FL'rs here lately. Sun is out, but it'a around 23F right now. Daughter has some martial arts classes this morning then we'll get lunch and see that Rogue One (Star Wars) movie with the Regal tickets my baby sis sent for Christmas. Happy Days!

Around the house I wear a little felt and it helps me keep the electric heaters down a bit.

i-dGfTLHL-L.jpg

Celia

A-List Customer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner