Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Moving firewood closer to the door as we're expecting 1/2" or more of freezing rain tomorrow which could knock out the power. Wearing a Stetson Gun Club.

3bf4e39313e3ea42ee4e681370cd9b4c.jpg

d69a6158a044f0387b8c77a9c54211b0.jpg
Lookin' good, Bob! We got some snow and freezing rain, too... keep warm and don't drive unless it's absolutely necessary!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
If being sick wasn't bad enough my computer decided to give up the ghost today. So very brief appearance here today.
P1220990 crop by Michael A2012
I'm not capable of writing the long brand name of this cap, suffice it to say the Norwegian cap.
P1220991 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I've been sitting around today in my heavy wool pants, pile lined lambswool sweater and wool melton bomber jacket. And I'm still cold.
P1220988 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And then I can't even find the right forum to post in. Still might not be the right one, this being a cap.
Michael
You still look great, Michael! Our home internet surface went down yesterday, too.... Comcast. But then my AT&T network went down, too! Weird not being able to contact the world of the internet, even for a day!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Today's hat, a fur felt dark grey cap with a discreet red furfelt bow. A success in my travels today. Exchanged nods with an appreciative KLM captain, as I entered the plane and as I was leaving he said "I like your hat!". Nice. In addition KLM pilots still wear caps, the way it should be.
Before boarding, the guy at the security check said "bonito gorro"... argh one of my pet peeves is people calling hats "gorros" instead of "sombreros". A "gorro" is a wool cap, not a hat, but 90% of people use the wrong word... why?!! Does the same thing happen in México I wonder, Rodolfo?
Oh, and left great weather in Barcelona for miserable one in Amsterdam where it's currently snowing... ah well... you win some you lose some!
924b5d6f8d04b697048a46b54b56c6ba.jpg

041d73b1b7a430c9ae0f2b727090e14f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking fabulous again, Cristina! Your understanding of discreet differs from the masses, clearly. I love it!

Lookin' good, Bob! We got some snow and freezing rain, too... keep warm and don't drive unless it's absolutely necessary!

Thanks Doug (and thanks again for the hat)! We seem to have dodged the ice bullet and just have rain. Yay! My daughter is on her way to visit so we're expecting a great day. Glad your internet is back up.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
So, yesterday @Chamuco graced us with his navy blue Gannon. Today @EstherWeis is eye-bombing us with her beautiful blue artistry (I think that she should emboss "Daaaaaammmmnnnnnn..." onto the sweatband. That seems an appropriate name for that model Weis hat).

Inspired by them, I wear the blue Dobbs Fifteen. View attachment 65056 View attachment 65057 View attachment 65058 View attachment 65059 View attachment 65060 View attachment 65061

The camellias are starting to blossom throughout the yard. I'd like to give a "thank you" hug to the brilliant prior homeowner who planted them. They are such a wonderful reminder of the promise of spring.

Happy, happy Friday.
LOVE IT!

miket5r

A-List Customer
To mess up Chamuco's head... ;)
20170112.jpg

My favourite of your hats Joao

The snow began to fall last night and then all night has alternated with rain.
This morning gray and foggy day, and snarled traffic.
What better way to welcome the snow with a homburg arrived yesterday?
2e0k2tl.jpg

German made Rockel in black fur felt
ie4kmu.jpg

An alternative hat for a very ugly day :)
qn60qq.jpg

"Small" proportions for a hamburg, very elegant and well made
1jkitv.jpg

Very soft felt velveteen at the touch
2w2hrgh.jpg

With better weather I will do more accurate pictures to post in the appropriate threads

Very nice Homburg Daniele

Great colour Esther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner