Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Working under the big top today...

060617_1.jpg

060617_2.jpg

060617_3.jpg

Whoa! That's an awesome piece.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'd really hate to be that guy but the garrison cap should only be worn by somebody who's earned it. I understand what you're doing and I respect it so I'll leave you be. It's an awesome piece of history don't get me wrong. If you're a veteran disregard what I've said but bear in mind that the cap was once a soldiers and he/she earned it. Wearing it would be like stealing that earning from them. I don't wanna sound rude or anything cause it is awesome that you own it and why you wear it.

If it was your grandfather or it belonged to somebody in your family and was passed on to you then wear it for this occasion. I'd really hate to sound rude. Be you but just bear in mind what it is and how it exists. It's just a personal thing of mine so don't take it personally, I appreciate your patriotism so don't take this the wrong way. I do hope you understand and I don't want this to come off the wrong way. You can wear it on days like this and I respect it. Just letting you know. Sorry I sounded mean and all, don't want to.

J.
...and I hate to be "that guy" as well, so don't take this the wrong way and I don't want to sound mean or cruel and all or hurt anyone's feelings. I respect your opinion and don't take it personally but considering all your concerns and worries, maybe you should have just sent a PM to "HatAddict94" first and discussed it personally...? That way you wouldn't be "that guy."

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
...and I hate to be "that guy" as well, so don't take this the wrong way and I don't want to sound mean or cruel and all or hurt anyone's feelings. I respect your opinion and don't take it personally but considering all your concerns and worries, maybe you should have just sent a PM to "HatAddict94" first and discussed it personally...? That way you wouldn't be "that guy."
+1
A quick look at his forum profile would make me think he's a veteran anyway...

I'd really hate to be that guy but the garrison cap should only be worn by somebody who's earned it. I understand what you're doing and I respect it so I'll leave you be. It's an awesome piece of history don't get me wrong. If you're a veteran disregard what I've said but bear in mind that the cap was once a soldiers and he/she earned it. Wearing it would be like stealing that earning from them. I don't wanna sound rude or anything cause it is awesome that you own it and why you wear it.

If it was your grandfather or it belonged to somebody in your family and was passed on to you then wear it for this occasion. I'd really hate to sound rude. Be you but just bear in mind what it is and how it exists. It's just a personal thing of mine so don't take it personally, I appreciate your patriotism so don't take this the wrong way. I do hope you understand and I don't want this to come off the wrong way. You can wear it on days like this and I respect it. Just letting you know. Sorry I sounded mean and all, don't want to.

J.

I appreciate your POV, but you are chewing on the wrong guy here. RJR is not who you want to address.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many

J.

Just my two copper coins: I know a lot of guys who are historical reenactors and they own and wear such garb for the sake of preserving and honoring history, even though most if not all of them have never had real service experience. I would assume PathFinder's motivation is on the same lines as this (especially on such an historically significant day) so I see nothing offensive about it. When I wear Tony Gwynn Sr.'s jersey, it's out of pride and respect for what he accomplished and I think no one in SD would accuse me of trying to steal his home run record.

Beautiful cool morning and it may actually stay in the good for felt hat range all day. Mallory "The Dallas"
DSCN3382 crop 2 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3386 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3385 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I toyed with an OR for a bit too, but I think the Dallas is a little bit lighter felt.
DSCN3389 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
So it's Mallory and Tommy Bahama for me today.
DSCN3381 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good one,
Michael

I've got a 'Dallas' on my wish list. Looks great Michael!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I salute all those who have served, and those that continue to serve. Reflections of D Day... what a tremendous price that was paid to stop the march of the Nazis.

This group never fails to impress. You just keep posting all these fabulous hats.

I dressed up for the early morning, sunny weather, but will probably switch to a straw hat for the afternoon when some real heat comes in. Here's the NW Hats Silverbelly/Old Copper combo that I love so much. I grabbed a Hawaiian shirt, a Saville Row summer weight, silk jacket and some no name spectator type shoes and my new socks from our little stint to the Gold Toe outlet store. Ha! The only parts of this ensemble that didn't come to me second hand are the socks and the hat!

Have a super day, ladies and gents!

i-Ck7dz6s-XL.jpg

i-hrc4dVb-L.jpg
Great hat!

But those kicks!!! Killer!

Summertime yard hat for me this afternoon. The walmart had some cheap apple trees in their garden center. I was reminded of the saying "The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is right now." And since I had my good help with me I figured why not?
51a5f512ffdf08eddcb3e3b49bb0f088.jpg
3b5689d6581b9ac20e21bf117e87fcac.jpg

Last edited:
Summertime yard hat for me this afternoon. The walmart had some cheap apple trees in their garden center. I was reminded of the saying "The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is right now." And since I had my good help with me I figured why not?
51a5f512ffdf08eddcb3e3b49bb0f088.jpg
3b5689d6581b9ac20e21bf117e87fcac.jpg

Great pic of you and the helpers, Cuz. We lost our apple tree during the tornados of 2011. I think you guys just inspired me to plant another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925