Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Meant to write "aloha" shirt, but autocorrect defeated me. Then saw the guayavera and it was simply "beyond" as a friend of mine used to say. Is it a light green?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. It probably is my alpha aloha shirt. I think the green on the other shirt is just from all of the reflecting greenery around me. It's cream, or bone, or something near white.

Michael

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Great looking Stetson Doug, and from what I'm seeing of it, necktie. Feel free to send that jacket weather this way. I'm way over mid 90s already.

Michael
Thanks, Michael! The cool weather will be heading elsewhere soon, 83 here by Sunday and 87 Monday. Yuck.

The tie is a new thrift store find, 50% off at $1.99. Not bad for a colorful silk tie. Not vintage, but nice nonetheless.

I've been enjoying your parade of excellent hats, slacks, shoes and - especially - the shirts. I have been collecting Hawaiian shirts and Guayaberas for about 10 years now. It's great not to need to tuck in my shirts all the time!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael! The cool weather will be heading elsewhere soon, 83 here by Sunday and 87 Monday. Yuck.

The tie is a new thrift store find, 50% off at $1.99. Not bad for a colorful silk tie. Not vintage, but nice nonetheless.

I've been enjoying your parade of excellent hats, slacks, shoes and - especially - the shirts. I have been collecting Hawaiian shirts and Guayaberas for about 10 years now. It's great not to need to tuck in my shirts all the time!
Thanks Doug. I don't think my current collection dates back that far, but I remember my first Aloha shirt that I begged my Mother to get me back in about 1964. She said we couldn't afford it, but she got some similar fabric and sewed one for me. I'm kind of holding the not tuck them in against them at the moment because I ran across the mother lode of suspenders a week or so ago and I'm itching to wear them. Ha ha.

Your tie has a nice vintage look to it. Nice score.

We might stay around 80 on Sun and Mon, but then back up to the upper 80s and 90s.

Michael

Was raining this morning so I headed out in this new-to-me Dobbs.

6fffb2098b20b7aa05aef9e5c2b1161c.jpg

d707527e7641b330522f894c544dcf89.jpg

fc7bef690e777acbdcfac3190f3d8bd9.jpg

Nice Dobbs Bob, what liner and sweat logo does it have? Have you figured out a vintage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt