Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Montecristi from Hand the Hatter... a Boston shop that I think dates back earlier than the last owner (photo below).

071417_1.jpg

071417_2.jpg

handthehatter3.jpg

View attachment 79227
Striking! That leaves a very pleasing, indelible imprint on my brain.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Outstanding!! Modern Stetson gets a bad rap on here but I like them. You are seriously making me consider one of these Stetsonians! :)
Thank you. I was just having a conversation with fellow lounger Jeremy about that. My current production Royal Deluxe quality and recent production Sovereign quality Stetsons havnt had any issues. I'm assuming they are still not producing the Stetsonian but there are still some around so I would get one now if you were ever gonna be wanting to own one.

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I would never insinuate that everything should be one style ... I enjoy many styles.
Optimo's style just happens to not be one of them.
as I said ... I wish I did like them ... they are quality pieces.
Just one mans insignificant opinion

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

I agree completely. Variety is the spice of life

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Woke up this evening to the mailman's first gift. He is quite generous this week! When I got this off of the bay I didn't realize that it was such a stingy brim. Pictures couldn't show it apparently. I am just happy to finally have my first Mallory. I have been waiting since I found that vintage Concord in the antique mall a few months ago that was too small. I still ache over that one! Can someone help me date this? It is a Sam Snead. The only thing the sweat says on the inside is "Mallory-Style Selected by Sam Snead". I checked under the sweat and there's no tags of any kind to be found. Once again I am getting error messages. This site is giving me more problems than its worth. I have the full picture set on my Instagram account. I am Jhoff_79
IMG_20170714_173237_650.jpg
IMG_20170714_183250_073.jpg
IMG_20170714_183335_438.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
At the Jefferson Starship show. Or what's left of them. Adam Executive Pacesetter.

Love the J. Starship stuff and evidently the same brand and style of hat. Enjoy the concert. I have attended Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Camp a couple of times and listened to very early Starship stories. Hot Tuna and his/Cassidy's acoustic blues are what turns my crank.

Enjoy sir. Eric -

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
The Scala Boater arrived this afternoon. Overall for the money ($32) I was very pleased. The brim however was much too flimsy and needed to be stiffened and flattened but that only took me about 30 minutes to fix :) Once completed I have worn it for the rest of the day. The sweat looks kind of el chepo but as my first, and for a place holder until something better comes along, I am tickled. I may follow the tradition with the boater and put my fist through it at the end of the straw season just for fun. I'm sure my 18 month old boy would love to help daddy with that! ;)
IMG_654.jpg
IMG_655.jpg
IMG_656.jpg
IMG_657.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Great Borsalino, Moe! It's a true Moersalino!
Thanks Fed! I usually save the **moe** designation for hats that I battered and fumbled into existance myself, or at least refurbished. Hmmm...I guess that means my straw porker that I just put a new sweat in is now a moelan...:)
Rumple of the Borsalino?

I thought it was rumple of the Bailey...

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
You got me on that...I had to google it!
At the Jefferson Starship show. Or what's left of them.

8a1aa2860db536412e90b52fd0af4e0d.jpg

Adam Executive Pacesetter.

Absolutely awesome dye you got there, and great with the lid!

At the Jefferson Starship show. Or what's left of them.

8a1aa2860db536412e90b52fd0af4e0d.jpg

Adam Executive Pacesetter.

Enjoy the show, hopefully they will sound like your memories. Great hat for the event!

Errands early afternoon wearing my vtg. Adams Pacesetter.

i-mQh8nFx-M.jpg

Off for steamed dumplings and then listen to music at a local jazz music club. Wearing a VS Wanderer (light weight granite beaver felt).

i-CBRwt9P-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Love the ventilation holes on the VS. That is a feature I need in my collection. Shark's Gills rule!

Woke up this evening to the mailman's first gift. He is quite generous this week! When I got this off of the bay I didn't realize that it was such a stingy brim. Pictures couldn't show it apparently. I am just happy to finally have my first Mallory. I have been waiting since I found that vintage Concord in the antique mall a few months ago that was too small. I still ache over that one! Can someone help me date this? It is a Sam Snead. The only thing the sweat says on the inside is "Mallory-Style Selected by Sam Snead". I checked under the sweat and there's no tags of any kind to be found. Once again I am getting error messages. This site is giving me more problems than its worth. I have the full picture set on my Instagram account. I am Jhoff_79
View attachment 79233 View attachment 79234 View attachment 79235

Embrace the stingy! Looks good on you. I believe this is a early to mid 60s hat. I remember seeing an ad for this model on Google. Should come up in the first few images. "Sam Sneed Mallory" should do it.

The Scala Boater arrived this afternoon. Overall for the money ($32) I was very pleased. The brim however was much too flimsy and needed to be stiffened and flattened but that only took me about 30 minutes to fix :) Once completed I have worn it for the rest of the day. The sweat looks kind of el chepo but as my first, and for a place holder until something better comes along, I am tickled. I may follow the tradition with the boater and put my fist through it at the end of the straw season just for fun. I'm sure my 18 month old boy would love to help daddy with that! ;) View attachment 79237 View attachment 79238 View attachment 79239 View attachment 79240

Not bad for a Scala. I always like wearing a boater around town, they turn heads. In fact I think my 40s Dobbs Boater will ride with me to the farmer's market in the morning. You are an inspiration. You have the jaunty tilt down pat!

View attachment 79233 View attachment 79234 View attachment 79235
I couldn't resist looking for that Mallory ad. There are a bunch of them. He also had his name on some cool straws.
1962 Sam Sneed Mallory.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
my mind to yours.[/QUOTE]

View attachment 79194
Alley Kat CRM#1 today.

Today Resistol Beaver 25.
20170714.jpg

And so you can see the flatness of me brim (not my ugly mug)
20170714a.jpg

Gannon between rain showers

Hey folks!
It's a bright but not too warm day on the coast. A great day for this new to me '78 Borsalino that arrived yesterday. I tried to get the rumple out of the bow, but it looks like the rumple is there to stay.

295be87d77465165577d6b534bdd66c5.jpg
ac270175e170db9f28c0bd4b1ab6e522.jpg
a9f3fa73441ee28bd2ee63090fa80abf.jpg
f032a559366ef87169afde39825f4364.jpg

Have a great day, rumpled or not!:)