Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning temps have me getting up early to enjoy being outside. A vtg. Lee is my hat companion in my quiet neighborhood.

i-wRJztHf-M.jpg

i-zmLVZvV-M.jpg

i-g5r9t6j-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Enjoy the show, hopefully they will sound like your memories. Great hat for the event!

Love the ventilation holes on the VS. That is a feature I need in my collection. Shark's Gills rule!

Embrace the stingy! Looks good on you. I believe this is a early to mid 60s hat. I remember seeing an ad for this model on Google. Should come up in the first few images. "Sam Sneed Mallory" should do it.

Not bad for a Scala. I always like wearing a boater around town, they turn heads. In fact I think my 40s Dobbs Boater will ride with me to the farmer's market in the morning. You are an inspiration. You have the jaunty tilt down pat!

Thanks Red. Hey, out of curiosity, would this make it a pre merger or not? Just curious.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
The Scala Boater arrived this afternoon. Overall for the money ($32) I was very pleased. The brim however was much too flimsy and needed to be stiffened and flattened but that only took me about 30 minutes to fix :) Once completed I have worn it for the rest of the day. The sweat looks kind of el chepo but as my first, and for a place holder until something better comes along, I am tickled. I may follow the tradition with the boater and put my fist through it at the end of the straw season just for fun. I'm sure my 18 month old boy would love to help daddy with that! ;) View attachment 79237 View attachment 79238 View attachment 79239 View attachment 79240
Looks good on you. I wore my boater out for my bike ride yesterday and got probably 10 positive comments on it, 3 of which bled over into liking my glasses as well. People love boaters. And I love it, too, for biking as it has zero lift.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Sitting around waiting to go on a mushroom foray this morning so I decided to take advantage of the 60 degree temps to preview a black hat and leather duster.
IMG_5215 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Biltmore President hat and Unik caped leather duster
IMG_5214 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5212 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Haven't decided what hat to wear for the mushrooming yet.

Have a fine Saturday,
Michael

i don't have many friends left alive. That's just the way it's worked out. I'm not easy to know my wife says so...
Just now reading this Karl. My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. I lost a close friend last yr who couldn't bring himself to tell any of his close friends that cancer had returned until about 2 wks before he passed. Tough to deal with. Hopefully the pain you feel now will turn to fond memories soon.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Going to be a steamy Saturday here in Minnesota, USA. Hardware store, butcher and liquor store errands in a cap.

i-b6hSbRr-M.jpg

Yard chores in a hat that will take some punishment.

i-rkSJpxn-M.jpg

Just cooled off in the spray of the yard hose. To spray on the hat yet.

i-KJrxZZc-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
hah, i seem to remember you saying, and i may be misremembering, that that was a hardware store $20 impulse buy, but i love it.

Good call! I still need to get my Etchison to Mike for some sweat work and I'm also thinking of sending my black Stetson Temple to him to change the black ribbon to graphite or silver/gray and add a matching brim binding.
Mike says he is super busy, lots of business. He is my go to guy for this kind of work. Of course, I can drive to his shop in 45 minutes, but shipping is no problem. Are you in the queue for a custom from him? Does he have your "head shape" on file?

This morning temps have me getting up early to enjoy being outside. A vtg. Lee is my hat companion in my quiet neighborhood.

i-wRJztHf-M.jpg

i-zmLVZvV-M.jpg

i-g5r9t6j-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Beautiful, classic and pristine. That just about covers every hat you display. Maybe we should all just say "ditto!"

Looks good on you. I wore my boater out for my bike ride yesterday and got probably 10 positive comments on it, 3 of which bled over into liking my glasses as well. People love boaters. And I love it, too, for biking as it has zero lift.

Michael
Boater day for me too, love to wear this style. It is interesting that a hat that was so ubiquitous decades ago turns heads in today's crowds.

Sitting around waiting to go on a mushroom foray this morning so I decided to take advantage of the 60 degree temps to preview a black hat and leather duster.

Have a fine Saturday,
Michael
OMG how do you come up with this stuff! Don't know if I could stand wearing one of these on a regular basis, but I am in awe of how you rock a black leather duster.

David Morgan's Darwin Panama hat
c1adc0eeb225e797682016d525734f72.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Great Panama Rodolfo, is this a "high end" expensive one, or just a great looking cheapie?

Going to be a steamy Saturday here in Minnesota, USA. Hardware store, butcher and liquor store errands in a cap.

i-b6hSbRr-M.jpg

Yard chores in a hat that will take some punishment.

i-rkSJpxn-M.jpg

Just cooled off in the spray of the yard hose. To spray on the hat yet.

i-KJrxZZc-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
You make a low cost hardware store straw look high class. Hydrangea pics are really special.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful, classic and pristine. That just about covers every hat you display. Maybe we should all just say "ditto!"

Boater day for me too, love to wear this style. It is interesting that a hat that was so ubiquitous decades ago turns heads in today's crowds.

OMG how do you come up with this stuff! Don't know if I could stand wearing one of these on a regular basis, but I am in awe of how you rock a black leather duster.

Great Panama Rodolfo, is this a "high end" expensive one, or just a great looking cheapie?

You make a low cost hardware store straw look high class. Hydrangea pics are really special.
I do believe its around $125.00 bucks from David Morgan's web site ! It's a nice hat for the price!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Have a fine Saturday,
Michael
Nice Duster !!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Good day to everyone!
2qtk30y.jpg

In these summer months I'm a lazy lurkers.
Today after a refreshing Friday I come back to take some pictures to send you some life signal from Italy
243nczk.jpg

Despite the hot weather that has overheated with temperatures above the average that allow me to see the felts only in photography, I've really enjoyed some of the new hats presented in the past month.
Congratulations on the constant search that is perpetual in Steve (mayserwegner) but has a new Splintercellz attendant who has a special eyes for hats before World War II.
Very interesting and a stimulus to continue research
2niabms.jpg

Congratulations also to all those who obstinate to wear felt with the warmth ;)
Hat in photography is a Panama Hats Direct that is of acceptable weight on days like today, refreshed by a pleasant breeze.
Good continuation of summer

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Good day to everyone!
2qtk30y.jpg

In these summer months I'm a lazy lurkers.
Today after a refreshing Friday I come back to take some pictures to send you some life signal from Italy
243nczk.jpg

Despite the hot weather that has overheated with temperatures above the average that allow me to see the felts only in photography, I've really enjoyed some of the new hats presented in the past month.
Congratulations on the constant search that is perpetual in Steve (mayserwegner) but has a new Splintercellz attendant who has a special eyes for hats before World War II.
Very interesting and a stimulus to continue research
2niabms.jpg

Congratulations also to all those who obstinate to wear felt with the warmth ;)
Hat in photography is a Panama Hats Direct that is of acceptable weight on days like today, refreshed by a pleasant breeze.
Good continuation of summer
it's 25 degrees and humid outside, it's also intermittantly pissing down raining. Love straw but not for here. You look well in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran