Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson Twenty this late afternoon for shoveling snow.

i-9znxHCN-M.jpg

i-MMZq49f-M.jpg

i-7qRxgJR-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Simply stunning Stetson, Eric. Truly outstanding!!

Late to the party as I had no intention of a hat post today as my Saturday's are generally spent on the couch consuming college football and adult beverages but SHE had other ideas as a grocery store run needed to be made. After a negotiation, albeit brief, here is my Dorer Bar 50.
View attachment 91154 View attachment 91155 View attachment 91156
Greg, you wear a hat better than anyone here. No matter the style or crease, you ARE a hat man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Samuel

Practically Family
Serious question for an ignoramous: Can you wear the fedora in place of the Kippah, or just change when you get to the tabernacle?
The only lawful stipulation is to cover one's head when saying the amidah prayer and that can be done with one's talet (prayer shawl). So, there's no religious law stipulating for any "formal" head covering per se. Kippot (skullcaps) are somewhat new to Judaism (more western) as opposed to fez's or turbines. (Middle-Eastern)

There's a picture of a sinagogue service in Jamaica probably 1940's,(Sephardic service) all the men were wearing fedoras of various colors during service indoors.

To answer your question, you can wear a baseball cap to satisfy all "customary" requirements. Customary is different than the law. Few people really know the law and so they overcompensate to not be liable. In some circles, men wear both skullcaps and fedoras, but that is redundant and unnecessary.

I wear my fedoras in service or my driver's cap very occasionally, nominally a skullcap. Being Jewish is not defined by what one wears. The Scripture says, "man judges the OUTWARD appearance, God judges the heart."

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
The only lawful stipulation is to cover one's head when saying the amidah prayer and that can be done with one's talet (prayer shawl). So, there's no religious law stipulating for any "formal" head covering per se. Kippot (skullcaps) are somewhat new to Judaism (more western) as opposed to fez's or turbines. (Middle-Eastern)

There's a picture of a sinagogue service in Jamaica probably 1940's,(Sephardic service) all the men were wearing fedoras of various colors during service indoors.

To answer your question, you can wear a baseball cap to satisfy all "customary" requirements. Customary is different than the law. Few people really know the law and so they overcompensate to not be liable. In some circles, men wear both skullcaps and fedoras, but that is redundant and unnecessary.

I wear my fedoras in service or my driver's cap very occasionally, nominally a skullcap. Being Jewish is not defined by what one wears. The Scripture says, "man judges the OUTWARD appearance, God judges the heart."
Thank you for the education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats