Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 117035 View attachment 117037 View attachment 117038 View attachment 117039 View attachment 117040 View attachment 117041 View attachment 117042 Greetings All:
Today it’s a very special Borsalino to me. This is the 2nd time i’ve worn it. The first was on my Grandaughter’s 1st day last July. This is an Ecosan in Pervinca (periwinkle). Some hats just sit right. This is one of them. A wonderful hat. Luckily it came with an exact twin in brown. Just wish i had two heads.
Be well. Bowen

STILL looks stupendous, Bo! And that little bundle of love you're holding had exactly the same hospital blanket as my grandson, born one year ago yesterday, too!!

3XOR
9ba1bce23a1cdbe8ebdb7b71254aa7ed.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I bought this Panama from a dealer in Mexico City. It isn't super fine, but it only cost about $300.
I am thinking of buying an Ultrafino the same dealer showed me today, with 42 "hebras" (strands,) for about $2200.
I don't know enough about Panamas to be sure it's worth the money. Tiffani from Optimo sent me some pics yesterday of a $2000 dollar panama, and this one seems to be even finer. With Optimo I would have a quality guarantee, and I know I wouldn't be taken advantage of... But it seems reasonable to think that a hat from Ecuador would be cheaper in Mexico City than Chicago.
Advice, anyone?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I am sorry to double down, but I have another Stratoliner. Actually a few more Stratoliners. This one c.1942.

050218.jpg

Dang Alan ... you're blowing me away with these early Strats! I really like that jacket as well and you know I love the necklace.

This is the 2nd time i’ve worn it. The first was on my Grandaughter’s 1st day last July.

Great pic Bowen! I do believe you're beaming.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I bought this Panama from a dealer in Mexico City. It isn't super fine, but it only cost about $300.
I am thinking of buying an Ultrafino the same dealer showed me today, with 42 "hebras" (strands,) for about $2200.
I don't know enough about Panamas to be sure it's worth the money. Tiffani from Optimo sent me some pics yesterday of a $2000 dollar panama, and this one seems to be even finer. With Optimo I would have a quality guarantee, and I know I wouldn't be taken advantage of... But it seems reasonable to think that a hat from Ecuador would be cheaper in Mexico City than Chicago.
Advice, anyone?

Forgot to put pics on my last post.
86990c8271a025b8c4ac753ef08ca8f9.jpg
26bdf1711d6dc101e4ac47ce39f2ab46.jpg
df1cd4a81f3b9beaac147199a7cf754b.jpg

Forgot to put pics on my last post.
86990c8271a025b8c4ac753ef08ca8f9.jpg
26bdf1711d6dc101e4ac47ce39f2ab46.jpg
df1cd4a81f3b9beaac147199a7cf754b.jpg

I’m of the opinion that no hat is worth $2,000, but if I had unlimited resources maybe I’d feel differently. If I was going to spend a lot of money I’d want it to be from a known and reputable dealer. Optimio and Brent Black are two names that come to mind.

I don’t think that many of us are qualified to really answer your question, and I know that I’m not one of the few. Whatever you decide, I hope you post lots of photos here for us to admire.

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I think you're right. If I don't know enough to know what I am buying, I'd better buy from someone I trust. Besides, I love Optimo. Thank you!
I’m of the opinion that no hat is worth $2,000, but if I had unlimited resources maybe I’d feel differently. I was going to spend a lot of money I’d want it to be from a known and reputable dealer. Optimio and Brent Black are two names that come to mind.

I don’t think that many of us are qualified to really answer your question, and I know that I’m not one of the few. Whatever you decide, I hope you post lots of photos here for us to admire.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hahaha. I just figured out from my last post that I only buy Optimos because I don't know enough about hats to make intelligent choices. To quote Dirty Harry, "A man's gotta know his limitations."
If the color of your Optimo isn’t what you want I suppose we could trade. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha. I just figured out from my last post that I only buy Optimos because I don't know enough about hats to make intelligent choices. To quote Dirty Harry, "A man's gotta know his limitations."

Yeah, you might need to sweeten the deal if you a hat as nice as a Selentino Sterling! :)

Someday I’d like to own an Optimo but I’m not counting on it as they rarely come up on the secondary market and the prices are a too rich for a simple civil servant.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
I have a suspicion about Justin. He found a cellar where the aliens visiting Area 51 left all the hats taken off the heads of humans they collected and took back to their home planet. Only reasonable explanation for him to find so many nice early 20th century hats.
I'll buy that. At least with that explanation we don't have to admit he is either smarter than we are or works at it harder.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 117035 View attachment 117037 View attachment 117038 View attachment 117039 View attachment 117040 View attachment 117041 View attachment 117042 Greetings All:
Today it’s a very special Borsalino to me. This is the 2nd time i’ve worn it. The first was on my Grandaughter’s 1st day last July. This is an Ecosan in Pervinca (periwinkle). Some hats just sit right. This is one of them. A wonderful hat. Luckily it came with an exact twin in brown. Just wish i had two heads.
Be well. Bowen
That's an extraordinary looking hat. Perfect for extraordinary occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner