Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esther Weis Panama
65277e694c45b95b23ddb84178c1a164.jpg
681ce3ae15f0f63a2ab42da0c8512ccc.jpg

I’m a hat newbie and love browsing everyone’s daily wear! I’m drawn to the brim of they homburg! Is it common to wear it with side dents? You certainly make it work!

Been, I used to think Homburgs were only appropriate when at least wearing a suit. After seeing the guys here wear them informally I’ve grown to like the look. The side dents definitely add to the informal vibe. Would you mind me asking what size hat you wear?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Forgot to send the label. The model is Hyperion.

View attachment 117113
Thanks Bill. It's an absolutely great hat.

Plus, I just learned that:

Hyperion was one of the Titans, son of Uranus and Gaia. He represented light, wisdom and watchfulness. He was the father of the sun, the moon, and the dawn. In some early texts, the sun is mentioned as Helios Hyperion; however, in later texts, including Homer's and Hesiod's writings, Hyperion and Heliosare two different deities, the latter being a physical representation of the sun. Hyperion is not mentioned in the Titanomachy, the War that resulted in the overthrow of the Titans and the start of the era of the Olympians.
Hyperion was married to his sister, Theia, and they had three children, Helios (the sun), Selene (the moon) and Eos (the dawn). He was considered one of the four pillars that hold the heavens and the earth apart, and since his daughter was dawn, he was probably the pillar of the east. The other three pillars were his brothers Coeus (pillar of the north), Crius (pillar of the south), and Iapetus (pillar of the west). These four Titans were the ones that held their father Uranus in place, while Cronus castrated him with a sickle.
I like the sporty look of this one. Great ribbon and brim binding. Keep em' coming, did you clean out his whole collection of non-felts?
Thanks Mike.

Been

New in Town
Sure, I’m a 7 3/8.

I do like the look of a homburg!

I recall looking at pics of Gutzon Borglum, sculptor of Mt. Rushmore, and he wore some great hats from homburgs to an OR!

Fun!

Hyperion was one of the Titans, son of Uranus and Gaia. He represented light, wisdom and watchfulness. He was the father of the sun, the moon, and the dawn. In some early texts, the sun is mentioned as Helios Hyperion; however, in later texts, including Homer's and Hesiod's writings, Hyperion and Heliosare two different deities, the latter being a physical representation of the sun. Hyperion is not mentioned in the Titanomachy, the War that resulted in the overthrow of the Titans and the start of the era of the Olympians.
Hyperion was married to his sister, Theia, and they had three children, Helios (the sun), Selene (the moon) and Eos (the dawn). He was considered one of the four pillars that hold the heavens and the earth apart, and since his daughter was dawn, he was probably the pillar of the east. The other three pillars were his brothers Coeus (pillar of the north), Crius (pillar of the south), and Iapetus (pillar of the west). These four Titans were the ones that held their father Uranus in place, while Cronus castrated him with a sickle.
Thanks Mike.

If Hyperion is the father of Dawn, where does Tony Orlando fit in?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Thanks Mike.
Sheez!!! All these years and i was thinkin that was just one of those thingys on a keyboard.
Duhh...Come to find out it’s a...err..hat!
Nice one though.
Wonder which key is the sister?
B

miket5r

A-List Customer
2j0kvmo.jpg

It is well known that I love felt hats compared to straw hats, so at the first weather change I put some felts back in action, they are stranded between my office and the house
29bzrd3.jpg

This is a Cervino, the least noble line of the Cappellificio Cervo
20u6gci.jpg

Color is "Minerva" It is a mixed hat of wool and fur, sturdy and rough, a real hat for every day
rihkwj.jpg

I modeled the pinches as my grandparents and their friends used to wear their hats on day and night
Thanks a lot for the likes of these days.
Buona giornata!

Very nice colour, Daniele

Out for some final theater errands before dress rehearsal tonight. Good old cheap Dobbs two tone. Post 1972 registered trade mark, probably some type of poly materials, definitely not real Milan, but a good serviceable hat. Wonky brim will not respond to steam, water or anything less than a flame thrower, I guess I'll live with it.
3May18 Dobbs smile 500x.jpg
3May18 Dobbs side 500x.jpg
3May18 Dobbs front 500x.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
85AE38CE-232A-426B-ACA1-25A701A5A2EF.jpeg
584E67E7-8CEE-420F-8966-3FF723280DA9.jpeg
4BFE708D-EDB6-4319-BD58-96121FF5D0DE.jpeg
C34DB373-82CF-430D-A2B3-CD8E3B965F57.jpeg
272CA020-DE35-4B3F-A4CA-D54DA9339E6B.jpeg
1D00167E-BFB5-434F-9A81-FF43A1B00275.jpeg
D845FB55-8619-4E21-A61F-18B25C30059E.jpeg
Greetings All:
Wasn’t planning on posting today but was sitting on the porch swatting bees and scaring my German Shepherd. You’d think i was shootin at her. Anyway, 87 degrees so i got my summer bee hat on.
Of all my hats, if i could say “thats me”, i think it’s this one.
Stetson Nutria with it’s own “rowboat” crease.
Wish i could get me some more of these.
Anybody got an Epi Pen? Ha
Bee Well. Bowen

View attachment 117164 View attachment 117165 View attachment 117166 View attachment 117168 View attachment 117169 View attachment 117170 View attachment 117171 Greetings All:
Wasn’t planning on posting today but was sitting on the porch swatting bees and scaring my German Shepherd. You’d think i was shootin at her. Anyway, 87 degrees so i got my summer bee hat on.
Of all my hats, if i could say “thats me”, i think it’s this one.
Stetson Nutria with it’s own “rowboat” crease.
Wish i could get me some more of these.
Anybody got an Epi Pen? Ha
Bee Well. Bowen
Very nice Bowen.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
If Hyperion is the father of Dawn, where does Tony Orlando fit in?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
That's... uh... weird.
Well done, Jim!
Sheez!!! All these years and i was thinkin that was just one of those thingys on a keyboard.
Duhh...Come to find out it’s a...err..hat!
Nice one though.
Wonder which key is the sister?
B
Thanks, Bowen.

But where the heck is a "hyperion" on the keyboard? Your's truly, the idiot, has searched throughout the internets trying to figure that out. Is it an Oracle thing?
I grabbed my Lee Silver label dusty Sage homburg on the way out the door this morning, not wearing a suit. [emoji4]
347a13f241c2f1e98a9f271901615956.jpg

0ad4f01edfaad819116cf2e168d940b3.jpg

36d1ac11fd9c6075392bfe58e687612f.jpg

8d141a2ddeab3a080c4be8a1336a4115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful hat Jeff. Up there at the top of the pile of your hat's that I wish were mine.
Hey folks!
Lee Silver Label up top today.

315d785de8123dd7540ea74bb03cac5f.jpg
08364873e782ca2cde3258deba4cd255.jpg
718d3550784af2f420de18b7f65d7849.jpg

Have a great day!