Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
GREAT get-up, Dinerman!!

Dinerman said:
IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

RBH said:
I believe Gene might have one like it...

Good memory, Rusty. Mine's the same - shown below. Because it's basically shantung (albeit vintage) it took a while for me to admit to myself that I like this hat as much as I do. The shape of the whole hat is perfect and I even like the very light, almost white, hue with certain clothing. I tend to grab this one a lot in the summer.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

About the sweatband, though; I did end up needing to do a replacement job on it. Even though it reads, "...Leather", it behaved more like cardboard and deteriorated badly upon use. {D-Man, you'll know what I mean when you start getting hunks of that brown facing stuck to your forehead on hot days.}

Also, if the hat body gets dinged or kinked it's almost impossible to straighten that area back out once weakened. Like a crease in paper.

Because of our frequent downpours here I sprayed this one with several light coats of CampDry water repellent to reinforce the original concept. I don't do that to any other hats but for this one it seemed the way to go. Worked fine.

Basically, even with many other options in warm weather hats, I have invested quite a bit of energy in keeping this little ol' paper hat ready to wear.

G'luck with yours, Spencer. It looks very good.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I have found I like the 'style' of the Dallas better than the vintage Open Roads. I have had several Open Roads and two Mallory's, the shape of both of the Dallas fedoras were IMHO better.

p.s. let me add... I think the 2 5\8s brim is the best on you by far.

Thanks Rusty and Bart!

Rusty -- I think it's really interesting that you seem to have the same reaction to the Dallas when compared style-wise to the Open Road. Without a doubt, mine definitely has a different look and feel that I really like a lot.

And thanks for the words on the 2 5/8" brim -- I really do like that brim width. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
babs said:
I got a Ben Franklin that says he's got some Jimmy Buffet playing as well. :)
Ain't summer great!

You wouldn't have lost that bet, my friend...lol lol lol

(In fact, just saw Jimmy Buffet live last week...;))

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran