Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rodkins said:
Thanks. I know it's about the hat here and not the fish, but I'm a newb so any chance I get to post a pic of me in a hat it's going up.;)

I know what you mean. I've posted countless photos since I started wearing hats 4-5 months ago. I've deleted most of the pics now, but the only hat I wear now is the Camp Draft, and I'm hesitant to constantly post it. Luckily, the new Bluegrass Green one is coming this week :D.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
I know what you mean. I've posted countless photos since I started wearing hats 4-5 months ago. I've deleted most of the pics now, but the only hat I wear now is the Camp Draft, and I'm hesitant to constantly post it. Luckily, the new Bluegrass Green one is coming this week :D.
I'm excited for you. I should be getting my stylemaster the end of this week also. I hope it comes before I leave on my cruise Friday or I'll have to wait until Monday and worry about it getting delivered while I'm gone.

Neophyte

Rodkins said:
I'm excited for you. I should be getting my stylemaster the end of this week also. I hope it comes before I leave on my cruise Friday or I'll have to wait until Monday and worry about it getting delivered while I'm gone.

Enjoy that cruise! I've only ever been on one, and I was 14, so I don't think I quite appreciated the experience lol.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
Enjoy that cruise! I've only ever been on one, and I was 14, so I don't think I quite appreciated the experience lol.
Thanks. It's just a quick getaway (3 nights) to the bahamas. The price is very affordable these days. I will definitely be bringing my PB straw on this one with pics to follow...

Mr. Paladin

handlebar bart said:
Out and about yesterday.
templey.jpg

Great shot, Bart!

Dreispitz said:
Cheers, Steve! Might have well been the first time for some people of Geneve to see a Bowler in live action :)

Nice Disney, by the way! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks! :) Yes Bowlers tend to turn heads. :) On my last trip I didn't see any hat wearers in Geneve but was suprised by amount I saw in Zürich (and not the typical low end stuff).

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Thanks! :) Yes Bowlers tend to turn heads. :) On my last trip I didn't see any hat wearers in Geneve but was suprised by amount I saw in Zürich (and not the typical low end stuff).

True, Steve! Next to some bb-caps there was only one other hat, that I spotted. Actually, there was a nice hat shop in the old town. Mainly stocking female hat gear, but also male things. I walked by on Sunday and did not have a chance to come back the next days.

danofarlington

Dreispitz said:
True, Steve! Next to some bb-caps there was only one other hat, that I spotted.
Fewer there than in the Eastern U.S., I gather. You do see hats here, although outback hats with suits have dominated in years past. More and more good ones; I spot a few vintage ones here in the Washington area.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:
Cool and cloudy today in Pasadena, and I had a client visiting so it was a suit with the VS Dingus. Left my machine gun in the hall.

I did miss that Dingus! Hello, again!

danofarlington said:
Fewer there than in the Eastern U.S., I gather. You do see hats here, although outback hats with suits have dominated in years past. More and more good ones; I spot a few vintage ones here in the Washington area.

As I mentioned I was surprised by the number of quality (yes I know) modern production hats I saw in Zürich. There is a vintage vibe going there too. Geneve didn't have the same feel.

Dreispitz said:
True, Steve! Next to some bb-caps there was only one other hat, that I spotted. Actually, there was a nice hat shop in the old town. Mainly stocking female hat gear, but also male things. I walked by on Sunday and did not have a chance to come back the next days.

I was thinking of visiting that place too. I found a nice hat shop with tiny museum in Bern.

Dreispitz said:
DC loungers? ;)

I spend most of my leasure time in crusty Baltimore. :)

danofarlington

mayserwegener said:
As I mentioned I was surprised by the number of quality (yes I know) modern production hats I saw in Zürich. There is a vintage vibe going there too. Geneve didn't have the same feel.
I guess Germany is more of a fashion leader. I don't follow fashion, and know little about Europe, but for example the Beatles came back from Germany with long hair in the early 1960s, and that dominated world styles for quite a while. So I have some hefty admiration for "stylin" in Germany.

danofarlington said:
I guess Germany is more of a fashion leader. I don't follow fashion, and know little about Europe, but for example the Beatles came back from Germany with long hair in the early 1960s, and that dominated world styles for quite a while. So I have some hefty admiration for "stylin" in Germany.

There is definitely a vintage vibe / feel in Zürich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21