Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great one. Is it a homburg? If so, it's the only homburg I've seen that I would actually wear.

Not a traditional ribbon edged curled brim homburg. It's not clear how this hat started out life. The brim has a mode edge and came to me with a definite upward styling. With a center dent in the crown it looks much like a homburg, with a fedora crease, it takes on a different attitude. Dinerman wore a similar hat recently.

Ant0ni0

New in Town
cheers Neo, and yea its a Akubra fed IV, the brims 70mm. I have a slim face so it does tend to look larger than it would on others. i tend to favor the wider brim, i think they suit me alot better, all about feeling comfortable right? ;)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cheers Neo, and yea its a Akubra fed IV, the brims 70mm. I have a slim face so it does tend to look larger than it would on others. i tend to favor the wider brim, i think they suit me alot better, all about feeling comfortable right? ;)

Exactly! I just wish the Fed had looked as good on me lol.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
We're having some nasty storms down here right now so I broke out my rugged Akubra RM Williams
IMG_0637.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
really nice, rodkins and scotrace!
I've been so envious of everyone's Open Roads and clones with teardrop creases, so instead of buying a silverbelly Akubra CD (why? you may ask) I thought I'd try and do a teardrop out of my fawn colored Stetson 25 OR. This one had been sporting a low rectangular telescope with downturned brim. Here's the new work.
stetsonteardrop.jpg
[/IMG]
I think I'll wear it more now, and perhaps I can restrain myself from a new CD purchase for awhile...

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I've been so envious of everyone's Open Roads and clones with teardrop creases, so instead of buying a silverbelly Akubra CD (why? you may ask) I thought I'd try and do a teardrop out of my fawn colored Stetson 25 OR. This one had been sporting a low rectangular telescope with downturned brim. Here's the new work.

I think I'll wear it more now, and perhaps I can restrain myself from a new CD purchase for awhile...
That looks great!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks fellas! My coworker is still pressuring me to get a fresh new open crowned campdraft (he only wears akubras), but it's just going to have to wait!

jlee-- I dig the Latte colors!

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
stetsonteardrop.jpg
[/IMG]

Great job, lookin'good!

Cliff

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks a helluva lot better than any of my own attempts with my CD. Not to mention it looks a lot better than the old one. Great work! :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara