Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric,

The hat looks terrific on you. :eusa_clap Enjoy!

You got yourself a very fine hat indeed.

Tim

A Stetson Viscount has found a new home at my abode. Tim, Can Rod Maker, allowed me to adopt this special hat. Tim's original thread show casing this hat here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?55866-50-s-Stetson-Royal-Deluxe-quot-Viscount-quot-Photos&daysprune=-1#post1224147 .

Photo-on-2011-09-15-at-0929-S.jpg

"FIRST CHOICE FOR THE MAN ON THE WAY UP!" (1956 Ad copy) The hat is stunning. The felt, color, ribbon work, condition is absolutely first rate.

Photo-on-2011-09-15-at-0930-2-M.jpg

I took the pics early this morning after walking the dogs. The 2 dogs and I were tired and the pics show the fatigue in my face. Truly I just wanted to say thanks to Tim and share this really special hat that I am wearing. I will post up a more detailed review and some quality pics later this coming weekend.

Best wishes. Thanks for allowing me to proudly share the Viscount.

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
super sweet hats today, everyone. RLK, SBG, and Herzen: all fantastic.

I've been getting rather comfortable with the Belamey homburg lately (sorry, David). Wore it to work this morning, and found my new homburg on the doorstep when I got home for lunch. It's definitely homburg day around here (sorry again, David) ;)

022copyr.jpg

One thing is for sure, B'Man, you are right on my list of "people who look good in a homburg that can be counted on the fingers of one hand". Ya wear it very well indeed!

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Today is an experiment. I dragged this wool cheapy out of the closest as a proof of concept of a 2" brim as an alternative to the 2-1/2" ones I wear every day. My next hat will be either 2" or 2-1/8" although with a nice, high, square crown.

BrownWoolHat.jpg

I'm wearing a wool-felt hat that was the first "fedora" I acquired when I started wearing hats a couple years ago. Not comfortable (hot, scratchy, no sweatband) and the crown is too low and tapered to leave room for my big old head. But unlike my two good hats it has a 1-7/8" brim.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, RLK, you sure have an amazing collection, but I have to say this one is one of my favorites on your head. It's pretty outstanding.

Chilly morning today-- went with my wool Knudsen Bat Masterson.
003copyq.jpg

Here's a better photo (without my morning face):
001copyq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR