Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Borso, Dave.

Like that Pilgrim, pilgrim!

That 25 stetson is superb, JtL.
pw057.jpg

OR Today.
pw056.jpg

OR yesterday.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Pilgrim today - I worked on the crease some last night
5a160946.jpg

Spectacular, Mike!!! The wider pinch looks much better than the tight pinch that came with the hat. I also like how the C-crown looks with the wider pinch. The hat looks awesome on you!! I'm really glad you like it!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Perfect crown shape/height, and perfect brim size. Looks great, David!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Fantastic OR, Perry!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Is the felt that "silver" in real life, or is it more on the tan side?

Actually, it's interesting you ask Josh. It is a more silvery color, but not really gray, maybe more of a taupe color. Definitely not tan though. It's the closest to a silver belly color I could imagine. As colors go, it's one of my favorites.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Actually, it's interesting you ask Josh. It is a more silvery color, but not really gray, maybe more of a taupe color. Definitely not tan though. It's the closest to a silver belly color I could imagine. As colors go, it's one of my favorites.

That sounds like a really neat color. It must be one that I would have to see in person. I have had hats that I "thought" were silverbelly, but have never actually seen a "true" silverbelly hat, so I don't even know what silverbelly really is.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Brrrr.... this morning was 5'F when the dogs and I left the house for our jaunt thru the woods. Before I even left the backyard, I came back inside and put on my wool cap. The fedora just did not keep me warm enough this morning.

Photo-on-2011-12-09-at-1124-2-S.jpg

I do need to seek out other alternatives to my only cap. My mom 2 years ago had sent me this hat after visiting New York City and seeing some "natty young men in their caps." Stating the obvious, I am not "natty" nor young. When it is cool in MN, the fashion must be functiona, IMO, it worked just fine this morning. From reading the cap thread on FF I believe that this hat, a Pendleton wool, is called a flat cap(edited as I erroneousely posted it as a newsboy cap).

Seeking additional caps, Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great ORs Perry-- I like both of them, color and creases.
Nice Pilgrim with cool ribbon, Rodkins!
David-- that Borso looks wonderful too-- have you posted color details of that felt previously? I'd love to see the finish/lustre in more detail.

The Hat Guy-- cool Dobbs. I recently acquired a golden coach velour western and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. What is that pattern on the band?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Perry, B-Man; That is a hat!

My immigrant relatives wore hats similar for their daily herding duties. We have nearly 100 year old family dress clothes with a hat like in this pic;

image.php

Felt peaked "dress" hats(in felt, with wool liner, with fur liners) like this pic;

20101223145616197.jpg

Like most I am proud of my heritage. I only know of the hats I have seen via family or on my infrequent visits. Perhaps some FF Loungers from existing Lapland will chime in as to modern Lap fashions.

I just can not see myself toodling around the MPLS/St.Paul or upper Midwest USA wearing such headgear. I think of myself as an independent fellow, but I would feel uncomfortable being sooo differently hatted. Heavens my wife, sometimes looks upon certain of my fedoras with a wrinkled brow.

A hat for every occasion - the beginnings and rationale for starting an enormous hat collection! I do not have a reindeer herding hat that fits yet!
Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto, Josh, THG, Jeff - thanks for the Borsalino comments guys.

Jeff, this is the hat I bought from Alan with the intention of it being for my wife (honest, it's true!!) but I liked it more than here.

It is one of my absolute favorites - here's a better shot that shows the colour:

D329395-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart