Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masiaka

Familiar Face
First day with my campdraft, and I'm suit shopping.
photo-2-1.jpg

I'd welcome any suggestions for a hat to wear with the suit once it's back from the tailor. I know the CD doesn't cut it, but it looked nice with the blazer and blue jeans I wore for the rest of the day.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures, David!

Thanks, Alan. I'm just hoping she doesn't like that hat too much

+1 I like the shade of gray of your Penman. What do they call it?

Cheers, Ale! The felt is Winchester's Charcoal - I like the shade of grey too.

My g/f has a disturbing ability to look good in my hats as well. I don't photograph her as it only encourages her :)

Good idea, Davey. Don't give the wives too much encouragement or we might not get to wear our hats ourselves. :D

masiaka, is the suit black? I'd get a grey hat to go with it. If you could find a nice vintage Borsalino or maybe a Whippet, you'd be in great shape.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
BR, the dogs never seem to stay still long enough for me to get them in the frame. I'll make a special effort next time, specially for your wife :D

This afternoon, Caren and I had a meeting with some wedding clients. After we had a few minutes to take a couple of shots of each other.

Caren is wearing my Silvermist ArtLite and the Penman Casablanca for me. As always, she looks way better in my hat than I ever ]

She looks very sharp. Nice shots and I hope you got the business.

Eric

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
D-Guy, very nice with the feather. The color of the felt looks also very good!

B.J, the Moonstone is stunning. I like the crown.

Perry, your OR looks very good!

David,your Garrison is a good Hat for all weather. Fits you perfect!
and sharp shots with your lovely wife, she looks really good with your hat

Robert, your Pedigree, I love it. That is a nice Panama.

Masiaka, cool Photo, I hope you find what you looking for!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
On a flea market in Düsseldorf, fairground. A big parking Lot with more over hundred stands!
It´s a rainy day, but the people comes still flocking in. For me, nothing found!!

fleamarket.jpg

fleamarket2.jpg

fleamarket3.jpg

fleamarket4.jpg

Last edited:

wmc

Familiar Face
Thanks very much Coble. :) I visited Tucson for work a few years back and marveled at the light restrictions for the benefit of nearby Kitt Peak Observatory. I could sit out by the pool at night and look up to see the milky way. Not hard to accomplish with sensible lighting design... just hard for folks to understand how much they are missing by washing the sky with wasted lumens.

Sharing one additional picture from Sunday which I completed last night... gives a sense of the scale of things. That long snaking filament against the sun's disk stretches about a 250,000 miles - more than the distance from earth to the moon.

fullsun_031112.jpg
[/QU

Awesome photo!!!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eric - thanks for the comments. In this particular case, I'm not sure this client is a good fit. We'll see.

Manfred - thank you. Nice hat at the market. For many years I was in Dusseldorf in Spring for the Interpack show.

Asparagus and Meibock!

Mike - nice hat to start the week.

Whippet for me today

smugshot2693761-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
job: Great set of photos with your family!

BR: Your Montecristi ribbon perfectly matches the wine. Cheers :cheers1:

Manfred: Thanks for the wonderful photos! The thrill is in the chase! ;)

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Saturday afternoon. Really too warm for anything but straw. Optimo Milan.

A wee bit from St. Paul in honor of St. Patrick Saturday evening. Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis.

Enjoying a gentle south breeze and late supper at our favorite, Vincent, after the concert. St. Patrick's revelers at Brit's Pub in the background.

The Guinness may have been flowing all around us, but for me...it was 'Miller Time'. '20s-'30s Miller Hats Deluxe Quality from St. Paul, Minnesota.

Satisfying Lydia's sweet tooth Sunday afternoon.

Wrapping up our weekend, and getting ready to attend a Sunday evening chamber music recital by principals of the Minnesota Orchestra. Royal Hat Works.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the wishes, Al. Great hats as always. I like how the Optimo milan looks on you. The one I had from them just didn't feel right on me... good think Graham work something out for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points