Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

99benzman

New in Town
Excellent hats this week everyone.

Carl, that is a great look. If I was on the wrong side of the table from you I might be expecting a rubber hose. Ah, the good old days!

Anyway here's me today in a Champ, low crown and back bow. And my "oh, look how thrilled I am to be in the office today" look.
IMG_0029.jpg

-Cap

It looks like you need a spreadsheet to cheer you up.

Randall, Manfred & Alan, Thanks!

BR, Thanks! I fence saber. I started when I was 13 and I am still at it at 50.

Al, Thanks! Yes I fence Vet Men's Saber. What club do you fence at? I ended up 8th in the 50s and 13th in 40+ (weird seeding). I won the 2007 Vet 40 National Championship. I use to fence on the Senior circuit back in my younger days.

Here are couple from the other day.

DC Tidal Basin Cherry Blossoms.

P. & C. Habig

6860583578_accebb0712_b.jpg

7006712159_441db992db_b.jpg

7006715887_3b3f321151_b.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Alan, that Vita Felt is superb! Great color as well. I have been wearing my straws for the last 2 weeks. Its be no less than 75 in Chicago and most days for the last two weeks have been above 80. I know its March, but for some reason Chicago has been incredibly warm and I just can't bring myself to wear a felt when its that warm. I tried once and almost ruined the sweatband on the vintage hat I was wearing. LOL.

Carl, that's an awesome look! Everything about what your wearing just scream 1930's. My favorite is the combination of the brown hat with brown leather double shoulder holster. If it was the 1930's though, in the holster might sit a pair of .38 specials or possibly a pair a Colt 1911's.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Alan, that Vita Felt is superb! Great color as well. I have been wearing my straws for the last 2 weeks. Its be no less than 75 in Chicago and most days for the last two weeks have been above 80. I know its March, but for some reason Chicago has been incredibly warm and I just can't bring myself to wear a felt when its that warm. I tried once and almost ruined the sweatband on the vintage hat I was wearing. LOL.

Carl, that's an awesome look! Everything about what your wearing just scream 1930's. My favorite is the combination of the brown hat with brown leather double shoulder holster. If it was the 1930's though, in the holster might sit a pair of .38 specials or possibly a pair a Colt 1911's.

Carl, I'm with Josh. I think you should make the picture b&w just for effect. Just an amazing picture.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, Thanks! Yes I fence Vet Men's Saber. What club do you fence at? I ended up 8th in the 50s and 13th in 40+ (weird seeding). I won the 2007 Vet 40 National Championship. I use to fence on the Senior circuit back in my younger days.

Awesome! Congrats on a fine result at NAC, Steve! We fence at the Twin Cities Fencing Club with Ro(Roberto) Sobalvarro, a great coach and dear friend. Ro was a top level sabreur back in the day, and has produced his share of top-ranked fencers in all three weapons. He has been the US National Team Womens Epee coach for quite some time now and is in fact with the US team and one of my epee teammates Susie Scanlan right now on the World Cup circuit. Barcelona and Paris the past few weeks and Budapest this weekend.

Great shots, Steve. I've always been intrigued about fencing and would love to try it!

You really need to try the sport, Ale. It is never too late to start fencing, and there are several top clubs in the New York metro area worth a gander.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
You really need to try the sport, Ale. It is never too late to start fencing, and there are several top clubs in the New York metro area worth a gander.

I really do want to. The thing is, I don't have a single friend who's interested in trying or who is actually a fencer. Going to a club without any equipment of basic, even if theoretical knowledge, is a bit intimidating. Wish you lived closer, Al!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24