Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You know I turn some of my photobucket pictures to where they should be right on when posting them here, and once in a while it does the same thing! lol! Nice hat there David....I am keeping my fingers crossed that hatsplus will have made some errors and actually have one 7 1/2 left to have shipped to me...I will find out in a few hours......HistoryTeacher, that hat is sharp and clean looking.....the color contrast of the ribbon/bow treatment really makes it all stand out so very much!

pw031.jpg

Mallory refurbished by Optimo.

I agree with RBH, I was using Photobucket and it got squirelly, so I changed to Imageshack and no problems.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Well, took it for a drive today wearing a suit. Wondering what the consensus is as far as how it matches or clashes with a suit, and an overcoat, and then if anyone thinks that the crown heighth is too tall. I have read that trying to wear all grey is too matchy-matchy.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Case, Teach, Perry, David, Jared, Daiza, some mighty fine looking lids.
Congrats on the upcoming addition, Teach, may she make you as happy as mine have made me.
Perry, that Mallory is superb, really like the color combo.
Jared, really nice 100, you wear it with panache.
Daizawa, my daughter just left Japan enroute back to Korea. She visited my sister in law's family for Christmas.
Splinter, your young lady makes that homburg, appealing to say the least. She is a fetching lass, but I got kids older than her for Pete's sake.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
David, the black looks really sharp! If I didn't already have so many black hats... oh, good, they're out of everything but silver belly in my size...

Looks great, even sideways, HT. Glad to see it on the noggin'.

Nice hairy there, Sam.

And I agree that that is a marvelous combo, memphislawyer. That hat'll go with anything.

Perry, curious to see that fawn color when you get a chance.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Swoop and Bowlerman, thanks for the vote of confidence. Wife thought the color was a khaki and the ribbon too thin and crown too high. I told her it is just a different look and stop trying for me to have the GQ perfect look all the time. You each confirmed that I did right. I just love how it feels compared to the Stetson Saxon and run my hand across the brim all the time

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Memphis, you look fine in that combo. I agree that a little contrast between the suit and hat works well.
Teach, Really dig the color combo on your new custom!
Tom, nice TAR setup. We gotta get together any north Georgia loungers for lunch/dinner sometime!
Nice lids, boys.

Jed

ML, when I started wearing hats in earnest, I chose stingy brims and lower tapered crowns. You can see how much my tastes have changed in the last 7-10 years or so.
I think that hat looks great on you.

Tom, nice TAR setup. We gotta get together any north Georgia loungers for lunch/dinner sometime!
Nice lids, boys.

Jed

Thanks Jed. We can do that for sure.
There is a good place to eat just North of Sacketts & we could drop by there to see what has changed since Beaver Hat Co shut down.
I know that guy in the Hat Dept had a bunch of their fedoras displayed.
Happy New Year!

010313.jpg

1920s Stetson real nutria fur - a wide brim, 7" crown western hat.

The white ribbon has seen whiter wintry days but the hat body made it through the decades unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner