Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Carmack Whiskey
IMG_3241.JPG

Mmmm... Whiskey. :eusa_clap

Monte

A-List Customer
Ordinary Guy...It's funny when you throw on a hat like that and a nice leather. The sharp dressed man returns! Beautiful lid. Nice fit. Looks natural to me.

I wore the Stratton and a tweed jacket (again) to visit my sister the nurse for lunch.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Carmack Whiskey. Some photos in different lighting to show the color differences depending on lighting of the whiskey felt.

IMG_3241.JPG

Casechopper that's a really nice hat especially looking at this last shot ,the felt on that hat looks very luxurious and I was also curious as to whether the hat is soft or stiff overall ?

Cheers and All the Best ,Fashion Frank

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat is soft to the touch but is not in any way floppy. Or, in other words, it's soft & silky on the outside but does have a reasonably stiff core so it's not as flexible as a dress hat would be. It is made from Winchester's western weight beaver felt. I really like this weight of felt for a daily, hard wearing hat that can be abused without worrying too much.

Carmack (the custom maker) doesn't appear to have pounced the hat too finely but the shaggier look doesn't bother me. One thing he did that I really like is he rounded the brim edge. I didn't ask for this but it really gives a raw edge a more finished look then a straight 90 degree angle cut does.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Plus plus plus! The color, finish, dimensions, and ribbon are perfect for both the hat and its unshaven wearer. I think thAt why it always calls to me. The proportions seem similar to my Nutria. Sam, is that beaver or blend?

I might add that if this had been the first hat I ever purchased I might not have begun the collection. Oh well, too late for that now!

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
A proper hommie for me today, the presumably 30s Belamey. It has a very high and untapered crown, similar to the 52 block. I seem to change the crease a lot, though the felt must be mostly hare.

img20130213155512.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Dobbs Homburg Lords hat today getting ready to do some jammin! Enjoying the ostrich sweatband by Black Sheep. Just can't take it off!

ED86154C-F866-42A4-9F46-7E1DC759F8B3-6467-000007F5E6CB38EB_zpsa8cfa68c.jpg

A6481BEF-E326-4F89-A3B6-D40C294945E6-6467-000007F5F2AE2CEE_zps99319bac.jpg

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Trent%2BHappy%2BValentines%2527%2BDay.jpg

I just found this old picture. 18 years ago. I'm wearing one of many old fishing hats.

Beaver+Hat+outside.JPG

From today. Wore the Beaver Brand Cowboy Hat. I bashed/blocked it myself with the aid of a tea pot. Good hat. I bet I've had it for 15 years.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
C44 - good look with the western.

Coach - working it for sure!

Gene - the Tom n Jerry liner is one of my favorites. Great example!

Tom - I can see you like the new CD. Getting a lot of your noggin time.

For me, my first custom hat and still a favorite. Pecan Tumwater.

smugshot_5239833-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Tom, a stunner your FLE CD.

Gene, looks sharp on you! Great Knox!

Enrique, nice to see you at work with the kids. Cool hat.

C44, looks very good on you the Western hat.The shape with Gus crown works well.

Bert, fantastic, that Dobbs is made for you! You look good with him.

Jeff, sharp Belamy Homburger ! Very good shape and color.

Alan, another fantastic Homburger! That color looks great, is it a brown or a similar color?

David, fantastic! That hat looks really sharp, it's truly a favorite, not only for you.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Knox Twenty Homburg

Not normally given to follow convention, I nonetheless wore a Homburg last evening out of deference to my esteemed friends here paying homage to International Homburg Week.

Arriving for supper with Ryan and Lydia. Knox Twenty Homburg.

Leaving for home after a satisfying meal.

Well done, AL... an unpinched homburg is a thing of beauty.

Tom, your new CD looks great - I like the long side crease you've added.

David, one can't have too many bows for Valentines Day. I am hunting for a red fedora but can't find one... there must be one in the hat room somewhere???

Gene, a very handsome T&J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112