Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

A-List Customer
Ok, we got a computer that works but now everything's different.:confused:
Anyway, it is great to catch up on all the recent New Year pics and hats. There are definitely some highlights and I wish I could comment on them all.

Bowler, we are a bit chilly up here as well. My brother was in town for a few days but I didn't get time to visit much with him. We did however get some of the family together for a New Year's Eve dinner. It was a great night.
Alan, now that looks like the real deal.
My Portis, a week ago or more. I'm loosing track.
photo_zps943f5db1.jpg

822 Hryvnya? Sounds like a bargain!

About a good a price as you can get for a custom hat. And earflaps up, like a true Ukrainian. I saw tons of people wearing ushankas while I was in Ukraine, and cold enough that folks ears looked like they would break off, but no one ever put the flaps down. That's a very nice one Alan. You have quite a collection. Hope you've got some good borsch and horilka to warm you up when you get home.
Great hats so far today guys. Stay warm.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Mickey85

New in Town
Well, I'm not going to work today, nor am I going outside much at all unless I have to...but I threw on my "if I was going outside" hat. Got it for a whole dollar at the local discount store (Bailey's, for you locals). It's got 100% wool outer, with a fleece liner, and is rather toasty, without looking huge. One of my go-to cold weather beanies.

IMAG0214-2.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Manfred, Dane, hatophile, hatguy, I appreciate your comments. Thanks guys.

With this kind of Winter weather going on I think I'm going to break out a can or two of aerosol and make my contribution to global warming! The globe sure ain't warming up where I'm at!

Andy, your new Starflower cap is definitely interesting. I hope, with this weather, you ordered it ear muffs! You guys up North around Cleveland usually get hit with the colder stuff than we do here in the Central and Southern parts of the State.
bowlerman, hope you don't have the kind of wind there that we do here. It would be a real shame to lose that stunning Carmack!
Dane, Ha! I love that hat! I may have an old Stetson hereabout that I could convert!
hatguy, Try to stay warm there buddy.
hatophile, you'll have to break out your fur lined hat and wear it tonight if you plan on getting out for your chores. Stay safe my friend.
alan, now that's a whole lotta hat! It looks warm!
Monte, Nice Portis!
Mickey Now that's staying warm with an old favorite!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Ok, we got a computer that works but now everything's different.:confused:
Anyway, it is great to catch up on all the recent New Year pics and hats. There are definitely some highlights and I wish I could comment on them all.

Bowler, we are a bit chilly up here as well. My brother was in town for a few days but I didn't get time to visit much with him. We did however get some of the family together for a New Year's Eve dinner. It was a great night.
Alan, now that looks like the real deal.
My Portis, a week ago or more. I'm loosing track.

Portis looks great on you. Glad you're back.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am enjoying the pics folks. Thanks for sharing.

Brrrr...I opened the gym this morning for practice and the temp read -21'F. I wore a 1 piece ski suit and wool cap..the next couple of days I can contribute to the "What Ski Suit Are You Wearing Today?"..no fedoras tip later this week when the temps come back above 0'F.

IMG_6883-M.jpg

Staying warm and ready for the evening workouts. Best, Eric -

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Eric, I never thought I would live to see you without a fedora :)

Wow, -21°F equals -30°C ... Jeeeeee, that's cold! And here we have 50°F - the highest temperature in January for many years. Weird [huh]

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - great looking Dobbs.

Charlie - wonderful shot and hat :eusa_clap

Aaron - good luck with the pipes!

Perry - lovely looking Champ. I like wider pinches you're using of late (or am I seeing things?).

TJones - looks very suitable. Stay safe.

Andy - that starflower is a work of art.

Sam - I'm officially a fan of squatters, cut down or otherwise. Looks good. Hope the car recovered.

Jeff - the Carmack looks great on you - stay warm(ish).

Alan - 822 Hrynya? I can't tell whether that sounds like a bargain or not, as I can't pronounce it ;) Looks warm though.

Monte - good to see you back. The Portis looks good too.

Mickey - Looks a sensible choice.

Eric - that's one colourful ski suit - I'm not sure you'd find a fedora to match it :)

Joao - I hope the weather doesn't hit you as bad as some places here - the place I lived in Aberystwyth is now effectively the seawall since the promenade has partially been destroyed. The wide brim looks great and should keep the rain off, but watch for those winds.

Stay safe all.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Eric, judging by that color combo I'm guessing you haven't skied in a while. It looks very familiar and retro. Granted ski fashion has always been colorful and out there so you'd hardly rate a second glance on the slopes.

Joao, did you know there's a tree in your house? A good brim choice for an umbrella.

Nice head wear adaptations the to conditions fellas.

Mystic

Practically Family
Hi guys.....Getting ready for a ride on the northeast Florida weather roller coaster....covering tropical plants and checking pipe insulation in a Canada made Open Road....
50 and windy today going down to 18-20 tonight by 9 pm.

I don't know how you guys up north bear those temps. I have to turn up the heat just looking at the photos. It looks painful....and dangerous.

IMG_1772_zps8457a379.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
It was less painful than it sounds... one hundred US dollars.

Yes, be safe out there everyone.

Or a little better than a weeks pay for the average Ukrainian wage earner. Your purchase was a blessing to your friends family, Alan.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

My family came over from what is now Ukraine in the first few years of the 20th C. I don't think anyone has visited since. I would like to.

Great photo Justin.

Richard, I would like to find a brown derby someday. Have enough black ones to... well, you know how that goes.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - I hope the weather doesn't hit you as bad as some places here - the place I lived in Aberystwyth is now effectively the seawall since the promenade has partially been destroyed. The wide brim looks great and should keep the rain off, but watch for those winds.

I’m far from the coast on a well high place. Yes wind is a problem.

Joao, did you know there's a tree in your house? A good brim choice for an umbrella.
It’s not yet a tree :)
Not trying to use it as a umbrella but enough to cross the street or getting to the car without wetting my glasses or head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn