Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, beautiful big brownie.
Thank you Bman.

This little wet felted edge Dobbs.
Raining in South Dakota?

?? Much closer to home my friend.:)
The simpler Portugal flag design is red and green so my question ;)

------

Another brownie Stagecoach today but with a lil bit less brim with ribbon work from John Galt
20140829.jpg

The simpler Portugal flag design is red and green so my question ;)

Ahhh. Sorry, no.:p The walls in our main room are red and turquoise. I did not know what you meant. The art on the wall is from Mexico, which is of course much closer to me than Portugal, but perhaps some Portuguese settled there also, along with all the Spaniards (and so many other European - America is not the only melting pot in the new world)
Great looking stagecoach also. John Galt did a great job with it.

Greg I like the color of that one a lot. Looks good on you.

Wow-ee! What a wicked wild week of hats!!

A little chilly start today, in my Borsalino Allesandria. Note on the size, 7-7/8... as usual, Borsas always seem to run very scant on the sizing. My head's not THAT big, is it?

Seeking to answer the question about the bears in the woods...

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
HatsRme, casechopper, I'm starting to think about casual outerwear that goes nicely with fedoras in cooler weather - those are nice ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff, that is one nice looking Dobbs.
Joao, I am really fond of the brown ones. Brown Hat Wave? :p
Greg, great look man!
Charlie, its been a while since we have seen that beauty.
Sam, awesome CRM. Great jacket too.
Dunhill straw
5e2118e304004d43fb18e571c8f3b573.jpg

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks GregNYC, 1Mach1 & mendelboaz.

Mendelboaz: Good eye. It is a Diamond Dave J-100 2 tone prototype that was sold back and forth through the lounge a couple of times before ending up with me.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I recognized the jacket from that very thread that was put up here on the lounge. A fellow Lounger brought it to my attention while I was in the process of ordering a Two Tone J106... going to be here in about a month.

Thanks for taking the time to share replies and apologies for not having more time to reply myself. I've been scrambling to complete end of summer work and projects.

Today I wore my Recherche western - an early NOS hat from a stock that sold out of Wyoming a couple of years back. It's very lightweight and has some unusual features including a decorative silk ribbon and tassel and an under brim lined in silk which comes around the top to form a binding at the edge of the brim. There are more pictures of it here.

082914.jpg

Thank you... a number of interesting hats came out of this auction and are owned by other lounge members. The seller said that the store Greentree went out of business near the end of the first decade of the 20th century.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Ahhh. Sorry, no.:p The walls in our main room are red and turquoise. I did not know what you meant. The art on the wall is from Mexico, which is of course much closer to me than Portugal, but perhaps some Portuguese settled there also, along with all the Spaniards (and so many other European - America is not the only melting pot in the new world)
Great looking stagecoach also. John Galt did a great job with it.
Most Portuguese settled in Brazil.
Thank you. JG also chosen the ribbon.

Joao, I am really fond of the brown ones. Brown Hat Wave? :p
It could be but not yet.

Today I wore my Recherche western - an early NOS hat from a stock that sold out of Wyoming a couple of years back. It's very lightweight and has some unusual features including a decorative silk ribbon and tassel and an under brim lined in silk which comes around the top to form a binding at the edge of the brim
Interesting one Alan.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Alive n' Amplified-- super nice lid. a real champion. your photos appear like 2 different hats-- I love the colors in the bottom left; which photo shows truer? I also enjoy your signature this evening.

Thanks, Jeff. The auto-exposure (iPhone) washed out some of the color in the bottom left pic. The top left pic is probably a better representation of the true color. It's hard to put this on in the morning, because of the low light, which makes it deceiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner